Computer Gaming

Linux Chat

Building Websites

Computer Forums

Computer Help Forum

Computer Hardware Forum

Computer Software Programs

Go Back   Computer Forums > Linux Chat

Linux Chat Linux geeks unite! Discuss anything related to the Linux operating system here.

Computer Geeks
» Active Discussions
Computer Geeks
No Threads to Display.
» Other Websites
- Software Publishing

- Server Hardening

Old 02-15-2007, 05:45 AM
GB Newbie

Default Firewall setting help needed on centos 4 server

Hi,
i am very new on dedicated servers and have been using reseller accounts upto now. i got a dedicated server and need some help please.

When i ordered the server Centos 4, http, smtp and sql was installed.

i have been trying to install server-cp a control panel which have some good features. i am trying the lite version from www.servex.com

Everything went well but i can't access the panel. i asked servex to check for me and they said the firewall is blocking me to access the panel and i need to unblock it.

i am not sure if support covers that as the server is unmanaged. i have send a ticket asking them to change the firewall settings but have heard from them so i suppose i am on my own.

If anybody can help it would be much appreciated

Johan
Old 02-15-2007, 11:03 PM
GB Newbie

Default Hi,

Ok i got it figured out how to switch of the firewall and server-cp works very well. It seems on linux if you are simple basic ? nobody reply. Not sure why.

When searching i used firewall settings but wasn't getting anywhere and after a while searched on how to start/stop firewall and got my answer.

I trust the following ? somebody will give me some help please.

At present i have the firewall switched of on the server. I presume to switch it back on would be a good thing but which serverses do i need to allow thru as a general guide line. Server-cp gets accessed thru port 3000.

For some reason apache and mysql have stopped working during my install process of server-cp but i am to afraid to ask how to easily reinstall the 2 as i have a dedicated server and not a home server.

i did try and stop and start it again but it didn't work. Hopefully somebody out there will show some mercy out there towards a totally useless linux user.

One thing to remember. Most people that uses linux started by just starring at a blank screen and not sure what to do. And then they started but asking ?. I know sometime the simple ? are boring but remember you were there as well

Greetings
Johan