Computer Gaming

Linux Chat

Building Websites

Computer Forums

Computer Help Forum

Computer Hardware Forum

Computer Software Programs

Go Back   Computer Forums > Geek Stuff

Geek Stuff General forum for discussing anything geek. If your topic doesn't fit in any of the other forums then post it here.

Computer Geeks
» Active Discussions
Computer Geeks
No Threads to Display.
» Other Websites
- Software Publishing

- Server Hardening

Old 11-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Moderator ++
GB Guru

Default Significant amounts of water found on moon

I have read this article, Are we finally going to take up residence on the moon. Its going to like the elite of the rich and famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASA
The argument that the moon is a dry, desolate place no longer holds water.
Not anymore as it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASA
Secrets the moon has been holding, for perhaps billions of years, are now being revealed to the delight of scientists and space enthusiasts alike.
Here is a link back at my site:

Article

Blog<-- Read Me
Twitter<-- Follow Me
Facebook<-- Stalk Me

Last edited by Chris; 11-14-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:04 AM
GB Beginner

Yes you are saying correct. NASA conformed that there is some amount of water in moon. Our next residence ll may be in moon.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Administrator
GB Admin
GB GEEK

This is great news. Water is so very important for a number of purposes and makes it far more likely that we will be able to establish bases on the moon. My guess is that in the future we will end up with mining colonies on the moon to extract resources which will be used for further space exploration, space colonization and also used on Earth. This is a very interesting development.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:15 AM
Moderator ++
GB Guru

Yeah next will be MARS like um i believe total recall

Blog<-- Read Me
Twitter<-- Follow Me
Facebook<-- Stalk Me

Old 11-17-2009, 03:53 AM
GB Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to koshkagoddess

Moon bases and terra forming Mars sound interesting. And challenging to deal with the difference in gravity with that of earth and the difference in magnetic fields. As a species, we evolved under some specific conditions that are gonna have to be addressed if long term habitation is gonna take place on places like the moon or Mars.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Moderator ++
GB Guru

I have a thought. Less gravity longer life? if we are working with the gravity of earth we would have lees stress on our body with less gravity. So that would mean that our bodies would not have to work as hard. But i would think you would have to be born into it for it to work.

Blog<-- Read Me
Twitter<-- Follow Me
Facebook<-- Stalk Me

Old 11-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Administrator
GB Admin
GB GEEK

Being born into that kind of gravity would probably be best. Imagine how difficult it would be for one of those people to visit Earth, though. Even astronauts who are in space for short periods of time lose a lot of strength due to no or low gravity environments.

We definitely need to eventually terraform and colonize Mars, though. The sooner the better. My reason is that humanity needs to have a backup plan. All it would take is one space rock of the right size to wipe out everything on Earth in an instant. I believe our species having the ability to survive that sort of calamity is an extremely important thing.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:02 PM
GB Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Being born into that kind of gravity would probably be best. Imagine how difficult it would be for one of those people to visit Earth, though. Even astronauts who are in space for short periods of time lose a lot of strength due to no or low gravity environments.

We definitely need to eventually terraform and colonize Mars, though. The sooner the better. My reason is that humanity needs to have a backup plan. All it would take is one space rock of the right size to wipe out everything on Earth in an instant. I believe our species having the ability to survive that sort of calamity is an extremely important thing.
Your right about that John, you think the Govt would tell us if some asteroid was heading our way LOL

No really I would like to see some sort of backup plan because you never know. Heck they are finding new stars and asteroids all the time.

Thanks,
Mook
Old 11-22-2009, 02:16 AM
GB Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to koshkagoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I have a thought. Less gravity longer life? if we are working with the gravity of earth we would have lees stress on our body with less gravity. So that would mean that our bodies would not have to work as hard. But i would think you would have to be born into it for it to work.
Being born into such an environment would probably not make a difference. I can see it having a definite effect on growth since as a species, we evolved on earth so things like bone and muscle development would be affected, and not in a good way, in a lesser (or greater) gravitational field. Then there is the magnetic field that shields earth from particles borne on the solar wind which is lacking on both the moon and Mars so the cancer rate would be scary.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Moderator ++
GB Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshkagoddess
Being born into such an environment would probably not make a difference. I can see it having a definite effect on growth since as a species, we evolved on earth so things like bone and muscle development would be affected, and not in a good way, in a lesser (or greater) gravitational field. Then there is the magnetic field that shields earth from particles borne on the solar wind which is lacking on both the moon and Mars so the cancer rate would be scary.
Being born as the first generation probably would not make much of a difference but live evolves, Mars being only like a 1/4 size of earth would be a huge difference in gravity. Since i am sure that gravity has a lot to do with the way we look, the way we are now, can you imagine what we would look like if we evolved on mars?

Blog<-- Read Me
Twitter<-- Follow Me
Facebook<-- Stalk Me