Computer Gaming

Linux Chat

Building Websites

Computer Forums

Computer Help Forum

Computer Hardware Forum

Computer Software Programs

Go Back   Computer Forums > Building Websites

Building Websites This section covers all aspects of publishing, developing and maintaining websites. Topics include: website design, graphic design, website programming, web hosting, website marketing (SEO, link exchange, publicity, advertising), monetization & etc.

Computer Geeks
» Active Discussions
Computer Geeks
No Threads to Display.
» Other Websites
- Software Publishing

- Server Hardening

Old 06-27-2008, 05:28 AM
GB Newbie

Default How to configure Hardware Linksys??

I have the above router which is connected to my two main PCs via ethernet cables. It is then connected to my PS3 using the wireless feature.

The problem is whenever I turn on/off or reset my PS3 the netowrk goes down and I have to wait 30 seconds or so for it to be recognized again and for the network to come back up.

Someone suggested trying to update my firmware. Thought I would ask here first before attempting anything.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:26 AM
GB Newbie

I have read the Installation instructions for Windows 2000:

1. Make sure that you are logged into your Windows 2000 computer as Administrator (or an account with equivalent rights). A non-Administrator account will not be able to install the hardware drivers for your new card.
2. Insert the LinkSys CD that came with your card into your computer.
3. Insert the Linksys card into your computer. Windows 2000 should detect the card and begin the driver installation. The Found New Hardware Wizard will start up. Select Next. Then select Search for a suitable driver. Select Specify a location. Click Browse, and then browse to your CD drive. Browse to WPC11-WDT11\Win2000 and click OK.
# Windows will search for the driver. After it acknowledges that there is a driver, click Next to continue.
# The Digital Signature Not Found window will pop up claiming that the driver has not been tested with Windows 2000. Click Yes anyway.
# Windows will now install the driver. Click Finish when it is done.
# Next, you will need to install the Utility software. Go to Start -> Run, browse to your CD drive. Then go to the WPC11-WDT11\Utility directory and select Setup.exe. Click OK.
# Accept all of the default options in the setup utility. If you get a message regarding a read-only file C:\WinNT\system32\drivers\ndcprtns.sys being found, click Yes to over-write it.
# Click Yes, I want to restart my computer now. Click Finish
# After logging back in as Administrator, click on the Configuration Utility icon. On the Configuration tab, change the SSID to k-state.net. Click on the Apply Changes button.
# On the Encryption tab, change the select box to read 40 bit. Select Manual Entry in the middle of the window, and then enter the 40 bit encryption key (currently available only from on-campus computers) into the Key 1 field. Click the Apply button.
12. Click OK.

After installing the software, you should be able to access the campus network/Internet after rebooting (or by obtaining an IP address manually with IP configuration /renew from a command prompt).