Computer Gaming

Linux Chat

Building Websites

Computer Forums

Computer Help Forum

Computer Hardware Forum

Computer Software Programs

Go Back   Computer Forums > Building Websites

Building Websites This section covers all aspects of publishing, developing and maintaining websites. Topics include: website design, graphic design, website programming, web hosting, website marketing (SEO, link exchange, publicity, advertising), monetization & etc.

Computer Geeks
» Active Discussions
Computer Geeks
No Threads to Display.
» Other Websites
- Software Publishing

- Server Hardening

Old 05-02-2006, 11:19 AM
GB Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaguar13
GoDaddy - 702
DomainSite - 57
NameCheap - 117
RegisterFly - 48
EuroDNS - 26
Nucleus - 1,409
APlus - 1
eNom - 12

Out of all of them GoDaddy has the nicest interface, but I like DomainSite the most. They are $6.99 all the time, no more worrying about coupons or anything. They accept Paypal, and the don't have pages full of advertisments for their other crap. Their interface is a bit lacking, though.

NameCheap is an eNom reseller and are fairly expensive. I had to talk to their customer support on the phone once, and it was lame. It sounded like the guy was on a cell phone and it wasn't very secure. My account was locked after X amount of failed loggins and they asked me if it was me and other lame questions that didn't actually prove it was me.

eNom has a good interface, too, but are really expensive. I tend to keep my domains out of there before renewal time, or it costs me more than I would like.

RegisterFly was an eNom reseller, but they recently became accreditted...they suck. Never use them or you will spend your life huddled in the corner crying.

EuroDNS and Nucleus are for European domains. EuroDNS has a better interface, but Nucleus is cheaper, so take your pick.

I only went with APlus because of a promotion and wasn't too impressed to bother getting any more than 1.
Great explanation on that post. However, I am wondering why would you need so many domains? Do you use it? If not, do you plan to sell them like most people do? If you use it, what are you using them for?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:34 PM
GB Advanced User

My use, do you mean do something with them? If that's the case, I use them all. However, some are just parked, a lot of PPC content sites up, and then the rest have full sites. I often park or put up a PPC content site while the domain is being developed. A few times the amount of money I was making from the domain alone more than I planned on making with the site. In that case, I stop the development of that domain and move on to the next. I might come back to it if the parking/PPC revenue dies down.

All my domains are for sale, too. I sell parked domains if they show potential, PPC content sites if they have anything of value (mainly visitors or PageRank), and I sell my developed sites. Developing and selling domains and websites is more of a business than a hobby right now.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:35 AM
GB Advanced User

Currently I have 2 domains ( some just expired recently and I had no plans to renew them ) one hosted at Godaddy and the other at NameCheap. Both these services are very fine but Namecheap has definitely edge over Godaddy if you consider the site speed.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:21 AM
GB Beginner

i have 4 at namecheap.

namecheap is good and fast. for those who havent tried them, you should!
Old 03-22-2009, 01:28 PM
GB Beginner

i have 7 domains from Godaddy!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:03 PM
GB Newbie

I have about 15 of them now, and I might get some more typo-versions of some of the ones I'm planning to use in the future. I have them all registered with Brinkster. To be honest, I know GoDaddy is the most popular, but I never trusted the site enough to purchase from them. It seemed too commercial and some of the advertising was misleading.