Linux Chat

Building Websites

Computer Forums

Computer Help Forum

Computer Hardware Forum

Computer Software Programs

Go Back   Computer Forums > Geek Stuff
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Geek Stuff General forum for discussing anything geek. If your topic doesn't fit in any of the other forums then post it here.

Computer Geeks
» Active Discussions
Computer Geeks
No Threads to Display.
» Other Websites
- Software Publishing

- Server Hardening

Old 06-11-2006, 02:23 AM
GB Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to ruaalien2 Send a message via Yahoo to ruaalien2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl
I'm confused about how much they really store though. I've heard that 1G will max out between 250 and 600 songs. That's a pretty big difference. I think I could deal with 600 songs but 250 sounds like too little.
It depends on the lenght and the quality of the song. My 6 GM that is suppsoed ot hold about 1,500 songs holds slighty over 11,400 (about 1,404 or so)

Buttonz
Old 06-11-2006, 04:38 AM
GB Newbie

My pink 6GB iPod mini has worked pretty well. I have a weird problem with the screen hanging for a second when I punch something or try to change the volume, but it's no big deal and probably a result of me stuffing it with as much music as possible. I have to go back and delete stuff from time to time, but by the time I get around to get new music on there, there's usually something that I've gotten tired of on there that I can part with. It has slightly over 1,500 songs on it right now and that works pretty well for me.

I did have to get different headphones, though. For some reason, my stupid ears are big, but the ear-hole isn't! Grr.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:13 PM
GB Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl
I'm confused about how much they really store though. I've heard that 1G will max out between 250 and 600 songs. That's a pretty big difference. I think I could deal with 600 songs but 250 sounds like too little.

It depends on the format of your files. They can be compressed to make them smaller and more would fit. Gerernally if you keep the regular format it will be about 250-300 songs for a 1G
Old 06-11-2006, 08:48 PM
GB Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to ruaalien2 Send a message via Yahoo to ruaalien2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef the Pef
I did have to get different headphones, though. For some reason, my stupid ears are big, but the ear-hole isn't! Grr.
I hate the Apple headphones cus I don't like headphones that go into the ear & brought myself some really god ones from Sony.

Buttonz
Old 06-11-2006, 09:16 PM
GB Advanced User

I don't like the ones that go over your ears. I feel like you don't hear as well with them and I always get paranoid that people sitting around me are going to hear my music and get annoyed.

missing the most beautiful angel in heaven
11/16/05

Educate and Vaccinate
http://www.musa.org
Old 06-12-2006, 12:19 PM
GB Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLPDaisy
I don't like the ones that go over your ears. I feel like you don't hear as well with them and I always get paranoid that people sitting around me are going to hear my music and get annoyed.
Do you mean these?

I have this type of headphones on my RCA lyra. I'm pretty sure that other people can't hear my music, but then again, I don't listen to my music with the volume cranked all the way up. I tried my friend's IPod before and the ear buds really hurt my ears and it felt like the music was so loud since it was right in my ear.

As far as my MP3 player, I don't really use it very much because it only holds about 20-30 songs without a memory card. It holds a lot more with a memory card, but I've just been too lazy to go out and buy one.

PSimissU
Old 06-12-2006, 01:55 PM
GB Newbie

i have a 4G mini.

it was GREAT at first, but now i have to be selective about what to add because i've run out of space. If they would make the big ones in cute colors, i'd upgrade. until then i'll just have to suck it up.

I'd definitely say stick with ipod no matter what you chose, if you ever need to call/email tech support they are FANTASTIC. Also, most people i've talked to who (unfortunately) needed to return or exchange stuff were very pleased with the service.

"Still Serving"
Old 06-12-2006, 01:57 PM
GB Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopi_jawbreaker
Do you mean these?
Yup, that's them.

missing the most beautiful angel in heaven
11/16/05

Educate and Vaccinate
http://www.musa.org