Computer Gaming

Linux Chat

Building Websites

Computer Forums

Computer Help Forum

Computer Hardware Forum

Computer Software Programs

Go Back   Computer Forums > Building Websites

Building Websites This section covers all aspects of publishing, developing and maintaining websites. Topics include: website design, graphic design, website programming, web hosting, website marketing (SEO, link exchange, publicity, advertising), monetization & etc.

Computer Geeks
» Active Discussions
Computer Geeks
No Threads to Display.
» Other Websites
- Software Publishing

- Server Hardening

Old 03-16-2009, 04:14 PM
GB Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trade-show-joe View Post
hey Brett,
Actually, I think it is reverse psychology. It seems to me that most of the websites with high PR really don't care about it. So just don't care... and we'll see what happens!
Hmm, I'm thinking about adopting this new attitude too. I'm trying to build up my blog so I can create a membership-only area to start a business, and I have been worrying not only about traffic but also PR.

It seems like I should just focus on traffic for now, because that is where the conversion is. I've heard that PR doesn't ensure much anyway, expect maybe to see if a site is "credible." But to be honest, I think a site with credible, original content is enough for my case.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:39 PM
GB Beginner

cool information... thanks for sharing guys... now i know...

Old 04-21-2009, 08:33 PM
GB Newbie

It is confusing I agree because when we check the rank for the site in Alexa the smaller the number the better. But google PR more the better.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:16 PM
GB Newbie

PR10 is better, but it is not possible to get it, But you can get about PR7 or PR8 etc....
To get more PR you have to have more and more inbound links specially from the sites related to your site theme....
Old 06-02-2009, 01:44 PM
GB Newbie

Default Get more backlinks to increase PR

Google assigns a numeric weighting from 0-10 for each webpage on the Internet; this PageRank denotes a site’s importance in the eyes of Google. The PageRank of a particular page is roughly based upon the quantity of inbound links as well as the PageRank of the pages providing the links. 0-5 is considered mediocre and above 5 is great. In order to increase PR you need a lot of backlinks from good reputed sites too. The more back links you have the higher your PR will be.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:13 PM
GB Beginner

For a better page rank you have to maintain some strategies, attractive look site and link building is not enough in that case. You have to make your website relevant to your purpose and expose it to people as it would be.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:23 AM
GB Newbie

For improving your Google PageRank - Keep pushing F5 24/7 for 1 week. That should shoot it up significantly but also, maybe add some meta keywords in the site index. Send it into ore search engines, and make it more popular and noticed.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:24 AM
GB Newbie

Default Google Page Rank

Google Page Rank is a way by which Google rates importance to websites. A Page Rank of 0-5 means mediocre importance whereas Page Rank above 10 is a good one. The higher the Page Rank the more traffic it gets.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:37 AM
GB Newbie

Thanks for the information.I have tried out this really effective and reliable Internet Marketing company and with their strategies have seen many benefits. They leverage businesses with fast sales turnaround time that really helps customers and their clients. I have experienced immediate results, excellent customer service and on-time delivery through this company. You not only get profits but the profile of a professional company with their help. Please contact: www.expertadvertsingsolutions.com for professional Internet Marketing services.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:00 PM
GB Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trade-show-joe View Post
Actually, I think it is reverse psychology. It seems to me that most of the websites with high PR really don't care about it. So just don't care... and we'll see what happens!
Huh hahaha... Mr. Google, I don't care about ranking! I don't care about ranking!! ...is it working yet? : )

Paul