Computer Gaming

Linux Chat

Building Websites

Computer Forums

Computer Help Forum

Computer Hardware Forum

Computer Software Programs

Go Back   Computer Forums > Computer Gaming

Computer Gaming Gaming discussions covering personal computer gaming and console gaming such at the Sony PlayStation & Microsoft Xbox.

Computer Geeks
» Active Discussions
Computer Geeks
No Threads to Display.
» Other Websites
- Software Publishing

- Server Hardening

Old 04-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator
GB Admin
GB GEEK

Default StarCraft 2?

Back in the day when I used to have time for computer games, StarCraft was one of my favorites. If I'm not mistaken, I believe SC is/was the all-time best selling RTS game ever.

So, supposedly Blizzard finally has SC2 in the works. It will likely be announced next month.

I sure hope SC2 is anywhere as good as the first.

Well... actually, I hope it sucks. I don't have much free time as it is... I certainly don't need to get hooked on any computer games....
Old 04-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Moderator ++
GB Guru

I have heard alot of that game but i never got into it, i guess its not really my kind of game. Half life and half life 2 are my games of choice i have it on computer and xbox i still play that game although i beat it like 30 times i can go through the entire game and not miss anything. I played the online game of Counter Strike i got so good at that they were kicking me from servers saying i had a hack on.

Blog<-- Read Me
Twitter<-- Follow Me
Facebook<-- Stalk Me

Old 04-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Administrator
GB Admin
GB GEEK

I've never played Half Life, but I guess it's somewhat similar to Counter Strike type games. First person shooters. Some of my friends get together from time to time to play CS for a bit. It's low on resource requirements, so can run from most computers.

StarCraft is similar in a way to C&C Red Alert, etc. Where you command your army and have a view over the whole battlefield. Playing SC at battle.net is probably the best. It's a great game just by itself, but online there are so many unique maps and ways to play the game. It was a lot of fun back when I used to play it. Too much fun, actually. I deleted that game off my computer probably 4+ years ago as I was having too much fun with it and not getting enough work done.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Moderator ++
GB Guru

Counter strike was resource friendly, but then counter strike source came out. The source engine used so much i had to do a couple upgrades when i went to source however CS is still the one i play. I use steam for online game i still have a keyboard from when i had my own server it had all the shortcut keys with pieces of paper with what it did so i could just glance and ban some one

Blog<-- Read Me
Twitter<-- Follow Me
Facebook<-- Stalk Me

Old 05-02-2009, 08:12 PM
GB Newbie

I always love to play the first starcraft game. I never seen the second edition yet, but I tell you I am sure I will always love to play the old one.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:51 AM
GB Newbie

Default StarCraft 2

Unlike the original series, where each game had three 8-10 mission campaigns, one for each race, each game in the StarCraft 2 will have only one 26-30 mission campaign centered around a single race.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 PM
GB Newbie

Default Starcraft 2

The amount of detail in the artwork and the amount of things happening on screen just blew me away. It's a great looking game and best of all it runs at a nice frame rate on a good computer.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:16 AM
GB Beginner

I remeber star craft that game was great. I think that was the first computer game that i lost an entire weekend too. Ahh good time, I do wish I had that kind of time to spare these days.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:20 AM
GB Newbie

Default StarCraft 2 is all about broad strategy and perfect timing

StarCraft has always been a fast game, and StarCraft 2 has lost none of that speed. The game is all about broad strategy and perfect timing. This is impressive stuff - but also a little intimidating.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:09 PM
GB Newbie

Very will said. I too love playing starcraft those day, I was addicted to it sometimes if i don't have work to do in the office i just played that game. We to walmart yesterday and my husband is looking for a game, and I saw starcraft game in there, but it is to expensive to have one.