Linux Chat

Building Websites

Computer Forums

Computer Help Forum

Computer Hardware Forum

Computer Software Programs

Go Back   Computer Forums > Building Websites
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Building Websites This section covers all aspects of publishing, developing and maintaining websites. Topics include: website design, graphic design, website programming, web hosting, website marketing (SEO, link exchange, publicity, advertising), monetization & etc.

Computer Geeks
» Active Discussions
Computer Geeks
No Threads to Display.
» Other Websites
- Software Publishing

- Server Hardening

Old 03-10-2006, 06:27 PM
GB Beginner

Default Colocation Companies?

Hey what Colocation companies do you all use? I know this site used ColoStore but does anyone use another company? Maybe for a webhosting server?
Old 03-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator
GB Advanced User

When you say webhosting server, are you referring to a dedicated server? (rented) You've probably have read my other posts but I use Colostore as well.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:57 PM
GB GEEK

Send a message via MSN to Soulwatcher

If you want premium bandwidth I would go with www.steadfastnetworks.com. they operate out of the Equinix datacenter in Chicago, Illinois. But expect to pay a premium price. I did some research on these guys I even talked with the owner. Their price is just too much for me when I can get the same thing for $49.99 per month.

The Colostore is 100% reliable, I had a kernel panic at 4am on a Sunday and the server was caught in a loop. They had my server running again with in 15 minutes of my call. They even hooked up the KVM over IP so I could fix my kernel problem for free. Talk about good service! I am sold on the Colostore.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:59 PM
GB Beginner

Well That sounds awesome. I don't have much of a budget since alot of money will be going into my server so cheaper but great is always a plus. I looked at the ColoStore and they seem awesome. I am going to do plenty more research but they are on the top of my list right now.

And it will be a webhosting server for my new webhosting company coming up this year. This one will be a shared hosting server. But later ones will probably be dedicated as well.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:23 PM
GB GEEK

Send a message via MSN to Soulwatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperior Eric
Well That sounds awesome. I don't have much of a budget since alot of money will be going into my server so cheaper but great is always a plus. I looked at the ColoStore and they seem awesome. I am going to do plenty more research but they are on the top of my list right now.

And it will be a webhosting server for my new webhosting company coming up this year. This one will be a shared hosting server. But later ones will probably be dedicated as well.
Well if your on a budget the Colostore is the way to go. They offer premium service and quality bandwidth for a reasonable price. I am pretty sure if you ask QBall15j, he will tell you he hasn't had any problems as well.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:44 PM
GB Newbie

Default In response to your post on Colocation Companies

Dear Emperior Eric,

My name is Shawn Jacobs..Hello! =) Here is a company I work for, luckily its a Colocation company you were looking for. Here is their company background:

Colocation America operates out of over 300 data centers worldwide.

Our main hubs resides in the following Premium Data Centers in Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York.

Los Angeles DCs:

Aon Center
707 Wilshire Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90017

One Wilshire
624 S. Grand Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90017

Digital Reality Trust
600 W. 7th St. Los Angeles, CA 90017

Telecom Center
530 W. 6th St. Los Angeles, CA 90014

Quinby Building
650 S. Grand Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90017

San Francisco DC:

200 Paul Exchange
200 Paul St. San Francisco, CA 94110

New York DC:

60 Hudson Building
60 Hudson Building New York, NY 10013

Background information on our 707 Wilshire Blvd. Data Center

Infrastructure: One of the only Data Centers in Los Angeles that is a 2N+1 with redundancy in POWER, BANDWIDTH and COOLING.

Power: Colocation America's power enters the building using two different power busses which are backed up by two independent diesel generators where its fed into our parallel redundant 2N=1 UPS system. In addition to the above, there is another N+1 secondary power feed backed up by separate UPS system.

Bandwidth: Colocation America has different-path connections to all carrier buildings. Our routers have redundant power supplies and redundant supervisor cards.

Our premium blend of 16 tier-one providers include Savvis, Level3, PCCW, Global Crossing, Abovenet, LimeLite and many other Tier-one providers that make Colocation America one of the leading providers of quality bandwidth.

Cooling: Colocation America has two (2) separate systems of HVAC units of different vendors. Both systems are also connected to different chiller units. If an AC unit for any reason fails, an equivalent AC from the secondary system will take over. All of this is automatically monitored using a Data Trax system.

Fire Protection: Colocation America uses the FM200 Fire Suppression System, which is a waterless system to avoid collateral damages caused by regular water based fire extinguishing systems.

Surveillance: Colocation America is monitored by a 24/7 video surveillance and we have 24/7 support by phone, ticket system and live HCAT. We can also provide KVM service upon request where servers can be connected to our remote re-booters which can be controlled using our portal website.

Our current dedicated server specials:

-P4, 2.4 GHz, 1G Ram, 80Gb Hard drive $99 per month

-Super Micro, Dual Xeon 2.4, 2G Ram, 2x73GB SCSI Hard drives, $149 per month

-Dell Power Edge 2650, Dual Xeon 3.06, 4G Ram, 2x146GB SCSI Hard drives, Raid Key, $249 per month

-Dell Power Edge 2850, 2 X 3.6GHz Xeon, 4GB of ECC DDR Ram, 1MB Cache CPU's, 3 x 146GB 10K SCSI, Raid PERC 4E/DI w/256MB of Cache, $349 per month

-Dell Power Edge 2950, 2 x Intel Dual Core CPU 2.66GHz, 1333FSB 4MB cache, 4GB 667Mhz Ram, 3 x 146GB 15K SAS, Raid 6I PCI-E SAS Integrated, $449 per month

All prices include 2000 Gb of Premium Bandwidth transfer per month.

You will receive Free setup on all of our dedicated servers and colocation services along with unlimited free reboots and the first 10-15 minutes of hands on absolutely free of charge.

Let us know if there are any other questions you may have so we can provide you with THE BEST SERVICE possible and earn your business.

Best,
Shawn J.
Office: 800-296-8915
Email - shawn@colocationamerica.com
Follow us on Twitter @ColocationUSA

Last edited by sjacobs27; 03-26-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:34 PM
GB Advanced User

Maybe a noob question, but can anyone explain what Colocation means ?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Administrator
GB Admin
GB GEEK

Colocation is where you own the server equipment and rent space in a datacenter for hosting it.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:37 AM
GB Newbie

Colocation companies offer business firms with economical means to acquire a Tier 1 Internet backbone with multiple network connections for the fastest possible transit at a fraction of the cost than it would be for the same quantity of Internet bandwidth at their own office place.
There are very few colocation companies available over the internet which provides quality services so whenever you try to choose one pick it carefully.