Computer Gaming

Linux Chat

Building Websites

Computer Forums

Computer Help Forum

Computer Hardware Forum

Computer Software Programs

Go Back   Computer Forums > Geek Stuff

Geek Stuff General forum for discussing anything geek. If your topic doesn't fit in any of the other forums then post it here.

Computer Geeks
» Active Discussions
Computer Geeks
No Threads to Display.
» Other Websites
- Software Publishing

- Server Hardening

Old 02-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator
GB Advanced User

Thumbs up XM Satellite Radio

Anyone out there an XM Satellite radio subscriber?
I ordered my radio on Tuesday and it should be here this upcoming Tuesday, I can't wait! I already called to get my radio ID, so i listen online while I wait.

I figured I'd get my moneys worth out of it, got to have it for NASCAR this season and of course to use at work during the day. XM has exclusive rights to NASCAR for another year, then that channel is off to Sirius where Howard Stern and Adam Curry's PodShow reside. I would have liked gone with Sirius but problem is they don't have any repeaters for use inside buildings like XM does, makes a difference when your in the city like myself. I got the Delphi MyFi portable receiver for $99 which retails for $225, only catch is I have to stay with XM for 6 months, not bad considering that's the best receiver they have out right now.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:53 PM
GB GEEK

Send a message via MSN to Soulwatcher

My friend has it. Its such a great service, commercial free radio 24/7. One of its best features is you don't loose a station when you travel state to state. You can listen to the same station from Michigan to Florida. Your not stuck listening to some off the wall station. That has to be one of the worst things about traveling, allot of stations play rap, pop, country, rock all on the same station LOL. I have been thinking about becoming a XM Satellite radio subscriber. How much is it per month?
Old 02-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
GB Advanced User

Here's a link to their service plans.
If you want a deal on the receiver, check out the free trial of XMRO. (XM Radio Online) They sent me a few emails after with promotional codes.

http://xmradio.com/service_subscript...bscription.jsp
Old 02-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator
GB Advanced User

Just found this video, can't help but post a link to it... Very cool tour of XM's HQ here in Washington DC and an overview of how everything is produced. Could you imagine having a 22TB NAS?

http://www.xmfan.com/files/videotour.wmv
Old 02-24-2006, 06:22 AM
VIP Member
GB Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

My brother has SIRIUS He loves it!

Are you SIRIUS? :-D
Old 03-01-2006, 11:37 AM
GB Newbie

I would like to suscribe to XM because they almost presenting all the NHL games. They also have a lot of french channels, which is nice(for me). But for the moment I don't necesseraly need it.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
GB Advanced User

I got my receiver yesterday, its been on since it was unpacked! Even used it at work today where the part of the building I'm in is partly underground. The signal faded out a few times but wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Having a repeater within a few miles of me helps a lot, at home I don't even need to use any external antenna. That truly makes the MyFi Xm2Go a portable device, very nice. I can't wait to see how it does other places.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:37 PM
GB Newbie

I'm an XM Radio subscriber. I got my radio this summer installed in my Acura TL. It came with 3 free months first, so I could test it out, and after a few days, I knew I was going to keep the service. You made a good choice by choosing XM over Sirius.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator
GB Advanced User

I really like what I'm hearing so far, dependong on what happens with the NASCAR channel and repeaters in my area I may switch next year over to Sirius. We'll see though, it may grow on me by then... Only thing with XM, they could improve on the Rock channel selection a little.