Linux Chat

Building Websites

Computer Forums

Computer Help Forum

Computer Hardware Forum

Computer Software Programs

Go Back   Computer Forums > Geek Stuff
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Geek Stuff General forum for discussing anything geek. If your topic doesn't fit in any of the other forums then post it here.

Computer Geeks
» Active Discussions
Computer Geeks
No Threads to Display.
» Other Websites
- Software Publishing

- Server Hardening

Old 06-10-2008, 02:56 AM
GB Newbie

Smile Champions League Finals

So it's coming to that time of year again and once again UEFA in their clueless selection process this time picked Moscow as the location. Why clueless you say, it's the captial of Russia?

Well here lies the problem, Russia means visa's that cost money. Man United fans were told to apply before knowing they have a ticket and an consulate embasy was setup at the ground but the visa's will cost each fan ?100. Their ballot for tickets has already closed so like a work colleuge who is a season ticket holder, you may have missed the chance as no information was released from teh club other than its website. Not a single email.

So far as a Liverpool fan we've not had any such info, all we have been told, nay FORCED to put out the Final Tickets information along with travel packages the minimum of which is ?846+ for a day stop over (No day trips this time! The cash cow is being milked). Liverpool's ticket information was only released yesterday and anyone holding 6 tickets (1 away qualifies) and 5 tickets (all home) goes into a ballot of which 80% will qualify. This is me, but I guess 80% is better than nothing.

Chelsea have some loyalty point system and are in the same boat with having to use Thomas Cook Sports so probably looking at the same prices as Liverpool fans. They only just released their info and will have a consulate at their ground when fans go to pick up the tickets.

So here we are again, 4th year running an English team will be in the final, possibly 2 and Wembley stands empty as it got rejected once again for 2010 CL Finals.

Having been lucky and gone to 2 finals in the last 3 years I can honestly say if I wasn't in the position of having a good job there is no way I could afford these ridiculous prices.

Good luck to whichever teams make it through, I can see it being another very expensive trip.

Previous Trip costs:
Istanbul 05 - ?780 package, ?200 spent cash.
Athens 07 - ?660 pacakge, ?50 spent cash.
Moscow 08? - ?846-1116 pacakge, ???? spent cash.