View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 10:51 PM
GB GEEK

Send a message via MSN to Soulwatcher

I noticed you made this thread in home webservers. If you plan on running a server with those specs on a DSL or Cable modem your just throwing your money away. A $449 budget server from Dell would be more than enough to fill your DSL or Cable modems bandwidth. I can move this thread to server hardware if you want.

I custom built the server for this website to handle 300 users browsing the forum at once. The specs are as follows

P4 3.0GHZ 2MB Cache 64Bit HT
2GB of DDR 400 ram
two 80GB SATA 150 Western Digital hard Drives
3ware Raid card, the server is running Raid 1
250GB SATA 150 Western Digital backup hard drive

All of the parts came from New Egg, I have about $1,000 into the server. It should last me a year or two depending on how fast I outgrow the server. When you build the server your self. You hand pick the parts in your server. I am running a Intel mother board, CORSAIR ram, 3ware Raid card, Western Digital Hard Drives, APEX case, Allied 400watt power supply. All the parts were hand picked by me. Not some thrown together server running a cheap mother board, ram, ect. I think I could have used a better power supply but I only plan on running the server until some time early next year.