Thread: which linux?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 05:40 AM
GB Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaky View Post
ok so i have been trying to find an install of linux that I can recommend to friends to do the basics: internet, word processing, sound and cd burning in a secure fashion... i don't want to tell them hey get this version of linux and then 2 days later have them tell me their account is empty
so, apart from writing a secure linux kernel myself, is there an install that I can recommend to non serious computer users?
i looked at hardened gentoo, but i couldn't tell if the security page was serious or not
Mandriva Linux 2008 — the worst/best release

Mandriva is well known for its simplicity, ease of use, responsiveness and stability. The 2008 edition was adverized as having all those features and more. A little delay with the release was explained by the need to “polish” the system and correct the bugs that appeared in the last moment. So consequently we all waited for the real revolutionary system, which would show what Linux really can do.

You can find all the guidance and tutorial from Internet and here is one url regarding its installation.
http://polishlinux.org/linux/mandriv...tbest-release/