Thread: Windows 7
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 02:52 PM
Moderator ++
GB Guru

Default Windows 7

I am and have been a strong linux user, I know linux very well and can do just about anything with it. Recently i have updated my machine with windows 7 it started off as a test on my notebook to see how it ran and how it looked.

I must say compared to xp this is a beautiful operating system so far. I am against Microsoft and there core values a bunch of greedy people if you ask me not only that but an american company outsourcing overseas and taking jobs from Americans but enough down talk on that.

What i have running windows 7 now is a single core AMD Athlon 64 processor with 1g of memory and it runs smooth and with no issues and a dual core notebook with 2 g memory also with no issues or lag.

With all of the software that is running and in memory the operating system is still running smooth; my software includes:

AVG Anti-Virus
MS Office (word, access, excel, outlook, groove, info path, power point)
Adobe Creative Suite CS4 (Full production suite)
Fallout 3 with all DLC's
Google Chrome
And a couple of messengers (Google Talk and Windows Live)

With all of this my desktop has several streaming connections (3) VIA xbox 360 (I know another MS Product) using the Windows Media Center Half the time all streaming at once (My Bedroom, Living Room, and Kids Room) All of these stream DVD's that were backed up to the drive (So Far 65 or so gb).

I am also using several sync items mainly between google and out look (Contacts, Calender and of course mail) I have not fully loaded down my machines yet but i believe that they will have good results.. I can not wait to load my big toy with Windows 7 which is currently running XP

Big Toy:
HP
i7-930 quad-core
8G Memory
2TB Hard Drive Space
1GB ATI Radeon HD 5450

I made the mistake of downgrading it to xp, now i want windows 7 back on it

Blog<-- Read Me
Twitter<-- Follow Me
Facebook<-- Stalk Me