Thread: Missed this one
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 06:29 AM
GB Advanced User

Default Missed this one

Hello all,

I'm Jim, a freelance designer / programmer and a full time computer hardware consultant / field tech. I've run many game servers, teamspeak servers and website servers in my time on the web (around 10 years). Always had a knack when computers are concerned, knew more about MS 3.11 than anyone else at school without even owning a computer...dont ask. I started off writing "Basic" scripts like making the user input about 17 bits of information just for the computer to go beep beep-beedy-beep and display a story based on the variables

Unfortunatly I didn't finish high school and wanted to join the Army, so I did. I didnt become a Signalman either, I joined as armoured recon. The Army was the best thing that happened to me, and then I ripped all the ligaments on my left knee in a motorbike accident and they shipped me out and gave me a payout. With the cash I signed up for a hardware maintenance and network installation course and passed at Level 3 (A Level Standard). Got a job with a local build / repair / virus removal company which went bust last year and since then I have been in my current role, now im trying to break free and be a full time PHP Programmer and or web designer, with gamer slotting nicely into the evenings

ah well we can but dream

~Jim