View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 06:49 AM
GB Newbie

Default help inserting links

hello, I'm new here and to publishing so please be gentle
Can anyone help me please ? this problem is driving me quite mad I've been trying to sort it out for weeks now, and no one can help.
I've tried several forums, checked with my host, ISP etc. etc., all to no avail, and of course, it all takes time.

Problem is inserting affiliate links into my pages.
I source the link, get the html copy and paste, insert it into my page, save, but nothing happens, nothing appears on my page, or when I browse (I use Kompozer by the way) I've tried the powers that be at Kompozer and even they can't help .
Folks give me various instructions and advice, I follow it through to the letter but it doesn't work.

I think there's obviously something I'm not doing here, but don't know what it is
could someone talk me through inserting text links, banners, saving etc. etc., in language that the average idiot can understand please, cos I'm going quite crazy here
I also think that technical advisors credit me with more knowledge than I have and assume I know what they are talking about, when in actual fact, I have trouble understanding the jargon

When I try to insert text links i.e. Clickbank, I get the full link on my page even my Clickbank nickname. This can't be right can it ?

With banners/graphic links, well nothing appears at all, just blank spaces.

Soo can someone please help me, I've spent such a long time on this site, but am now ready to pack it in, this is my last shot at trying to get it sorted.

I use IE - Vista by the way.

thank you in anticipation