View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 04:06 PM
GB Beginner

Send a message via ICQ to Billy41684 Send a message via AIM to Billy41684 Send a message via MSN to Billy41684 Send a message via Yahoo to Billy41684

Wicked cool links there! A few of those actually looked perfect! I already have smoething in mind for my monitors though. The thing I am worried about is the video card and if Linux will be able to use them how I want it to.

As for Compiz Fusion - Yeah, it's pretty spiffy. I've been using Compiz since the beginning (well, for the past 2 years at least). I even made the switch over to Beryl for awhile. Now that Compiz and Beryl have joined forces toward a common goal (Compiz Fusion) I have moved with them. It's just, now that my needs are growing, my hardware can't seem to keep up (stupid ATI and their 2048 maximum texture limit). So it's time to upgrade hardware to keep using Compiz Fusion.

When you did a youtube search - were you watching Compiz, Beryl, or Compiz Fusion? All three are very different - Compiz is old school and doesn't have all the coolest features, but was pretty stable. Beryl was a split from Compiz, that had more features to play with, but instabilities started to popup. Both sides ran in their own directions for about a year, gaining a LOT of ground both ways. Now they have both come to the realization that no matter how good each gets in their own way, the software will become perfect when they merge together. The newest features/plugins meets the most secure backend... Thus, Compiz Fusion.

To be exact - Compiz Fusion just a set of features/plugins that works on top of the original Compiz. Both working together to make the end user's experience enjoyable, and stable.

Now if I can only get it to work on 3 monitors, that would be sweet.

"I am using Linux every day to up my productivity - so up yours!"

******** W A R N I N G ! *******************************
Linux should not be used by those under the influence of MicroSoft.
May cause dizziness or vertigo. Consult your tech support before
using Linux. (note--after using Linux, you may notice extreme
discomfort when using MicroSoft. Discontinue use of MicroSoft.)
******************************* W A R N I N G ! ********