Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geek Stuff (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How many partners? Am I bad? (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326)

TucsonADPi 06-09-2006 11:21 PM

How many partners? Am I bad?

Earlier this afternoon the topic of “how many past sexual partners have you had” came up between my boyfriend and me. When he told me 7, I thought he was joking and laughed out loud. When I realized he was serious, I didn't want to tell him my number. He pressed for it anyways and when he found out I was in the 30's he looked at me weird. I'm not bad right? What happened in the past is exactly that, the past. We all went to college; we know what that is like. :confused: :( Please help me guys.

honeychile 06-09-2006 11:22 PM

Tucson ADPi, please check your PMs!

KLPDaisy 06-09-2006 11:24 PM

Did you see the Will & Grace episode when Grace and Nathan talk about that for the first time? This makes me think of that.

frattygirl 06-09-2006 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TucsonADPi
Earlier this afternoon the topic of “how many past sexual partners have you had” came up between my boyfriend and me. When he told me 7, I thought he was joking and laughed out loud. When I realized he was serious, I didn't want to tell him my number. He pressed for it anyways and when he found out I was in the 30's he looked at me weird. I'm not bad right? What happened in the past is exactly that, the past. We all went to college; we know what that is like. :confused: :( Please help me guys.

I don't think that 30 is that high of a number. I know some of my sorority sisters have gone way over that. Your boyfriend sounds like a prude.

SoCalGirl 06-10-2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLPDaisy
Did you see the Will & Grace episode when Grace and Nathan talk about that for the first time? This makes me think of that.

I was thinking about the episode the other night! I was trying to figure out if it "worse" to have slept with a lot of people very few times or a few people a ton of times. I couldn't make up my mind.

TucsonADPi~ tell your man as long as ya'll are committed to each other it doesn't matter how many people you've been with.

swivel1963 06-10-2006 07:55 AM

why do people still have this conversation?

don't ask questions you can't handle the answer to.

ruaalien2 06-10-2006 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swivel1963
why do people still have this conversation?

don't ask questions you can't handle the answer to.

Very true.

I've had 6....in 2 /12 years (and I was with one for 15 1/2 months)...so yeah, that's a lot but whatever. There were 2 one night stands along the way.

I have no problem honestly hearing the answer from a guy that I'm with, because I know he's committed to me.

JocelynC 06-10-2006 10:33 AM

I've had none.

squirrely girl 06-10-2006 10:44 AM

i've had this convo before and in my opinion it's never a "good" convo to have - somebody always gets hurt - like others have said, as long as you're committed now, why should it matter?

Scandia 06-10-2006 11:03 AM

I am dreading the day that I have to have this conversation.

Not on my side, because I do not make a secret of the fact that I'm in the same boat as JocelynC.

But on the other person's side.

I honestly do not know what would bother me more- a promiscuous period that you regret, or multiple intercourse times in many relationships (as compared to one or two) that were healthy but simply did not work out.

I would feel very uncomfortable with someone who is significantly more experienced than I am. As well as with someone who thinks he can have premarital sex because he's male, but expects his bride to be a virgin and requires it (as compared to someone who simply does not care about his wife's experience level). And of course- I do not want someone who will think less of me because of my lack of experience, which is simply by my choice.

Hopefully I will find someone who shares my morals in theory and in practice.