Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geek Stuff (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Qualifying for Heaven (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=972)

snachala 06-25-2008 06:45 AM

Qualifying for Heaven

Recently a teacher, a garbage collector, and a lawyer wound up together at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter informed them that in order to get into Heaven, they would each have to answer one question.

St. Peter addressed the teacher and asked, "What was the name of the ship that crashed into the iceberg? They just made a movie about it."

The teacher answered quickly, "That would be the Titanic." St. Peter let him through the gate.

St. Peter turned to the garbage man and, figuring Heaven didn't *really* need all the odors that this guy would bring with him, decided to make the question a little harder: "How many people died on the ship?"

Fortunately for him, the trash man had just seen the movie. "1,228," he answered.

"That's right! You may enter."

St. Peter turned to the lawyer. "Name them."

mye01 08-02-2008 11:09 AM

nice one..hahahaha..i love reading jokes with a stressful job as i have...i guess i need to have loads and loads of jokes like this..

popoy 08-12-2008 02:38 AM

yeah it's really nice I admire!!!I like to have loads of loads of jokes like mye..I love reading jokes at all it is so cool!!!:cool::cool::cool:

icecastles 08-17-2008 11:21 AM

LOL!! this jokes good ha!! it saved my day..i am caught up with work load and need something to lighten my mood a bit..here it comes..

andylewis 09-02-2008 07:01 AM

hi,
good joke
andy

sara_criss 12-15-2008 03:03 PM

lovely joke ..... tomorrow ill try to make my friends laugh :P

heavensabove 12-22-2008 10:58 PM

I really enjoyed this great and funny joke. But while i was laughing i couldn't help but feel a deep sadness, because it prompted me to think about heaven and hell. I get really scared sometimes about not being allowed in, and i don't know what i can do, to make sure that St Peter looks upon me, like a loving uncle.

Has anyone got any tips for me, I am finding this quiet hard.

extreme pessimist 12-22-2008 11:09 PM

Relax Heavens above, neither exist. We currently live in a society where Innocents are punished and have cruel and unfair circumstance plague their life and people with no moral fibre at all reap benefits of wealth and fame. Unless of course after Death there is some sort of Seinfeld Bizarro world opposite to that of the one we live in

heavensabove 12-22-2008 11:13 PM

thankyou for your kind reply mr pessimist, but you only served to make me sadder. Whilst i appreciate your existentialist viewpoint and see much evidence around me to back up your ideas, I still somehow have pitty for you. and were you joking about the seinfield thing, coz i used to really like that show.

do you actually think there is no heaven? if so, in what do you find the meaning of life, and the desire with which to face another day?

extreme pessimist 12-22-2008 11:16 PM

When I said they dont exist I meant St Peter And Your loving Uncle. The Meaning of Life however is an interesting point you raise! Is there any eaning to life if all you are trying to secure is a reward after death?