Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Software Programs (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What is your Operating System of choice? (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286)

Cas 08-16-2009 04:06 PM

I used Windows Seven a few days ago, but then bought a 1 terabyte harddisk and installed Windows XP on it. Can't wait for the official release of WSeven on the 22th of October.

UnDeRoAtH 08-16-2009 08:26 PM

i had XP Pro on my old comp that i have to fix and on this one i have Vista PS2 i dont like some features of Vista it dont let me do certain things that i like to do all the time lol i havent heard anything good or bad about windows 7 yet

koshkagoddess 08-17-2009 12:46 AM

I got Leopard on mine. :)

uday1583 08-20-2009 12:02 PM

My operating system of choice at home is of Windows XP professional but at office i use the Linux operating system. thanks
________
Vapor Genie Vaporizer

John 08-21-2009 03:37 PM

I use Windows XP for my desktop workstation and Linux (CentOS) on my webservers. I don't know much about Windows 7, but from what I've read it seems that quite a few people are impressed with it.

UnDeRoAtH 08-22-2009 07:25 AM

it looks weird imo i was helping someone with there gfx from the Void and he kept showing me screen shots of it and yeah he has windows 7 it was big for new reason and just all out weird lol

Jason Bradley 08-22-2009 02:45 PM

I am using Windows XP professional

I am using Windows XP professional but not totally satisfied with the security issues and it is very vulnerable to spywares & viruses. I am thinking of switching to RedHat Linux.

G33KG1RL 09-03-2009 03:39 PM

I use Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit SP1, but I am going to be upgrading soon to Windows 7 the day it comes out... there's been a lot of talk about Windows 7, and a lot of people are saying it shouldn't be considered as a whole new operating system, because its basically just an upgrade to Windows Vista. I just got my own computer, so I haven't been able to explore much of Vista, and I'll be upgrading to Windows 7 pretty soon. I used Windows 95, 98, 2000, and XP SP2 most of my life, and I loved XP (if you get past the minor annoyances). I haven't tried Mac computers, but I really want to get one (I love trying new things), and see how it is. Has anyone used both Windows and Mac? If so, which operating system was better in your opinion?

~kev~ 09-03-2009 04:39 PM

If I could find drivers for windows 2000 and my video card, I would still be using WIN2K - its probably the best OS microsoft ever made.

After windows 2000, its XP professional.

But I liked the way windows 95 would run on 32 megs of memory. I just wish vista did the same thing.

koshkagoddess 09-04-2009 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G33KG1RL (Post 11074)
I use Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit SP1, but I am going to be upgrading soon to Windows 7 the day it comes out... there's been a lot of talk about Windows 7, and a lot of people are saying it shouldn't be considered as a whole new operating system, because its basically just an upgrade to Windows Vista. I just got my own computer, so I haven't been able to explore much of Vista, and I'll be upgrading to Windows 7 pretty soon. I used Windows 95, 98, 2000, and XP SP2 most of my life, and I loved XP (if you get past the minor annoyances). I haven't tried Mac computers, but I really want to get one (I love trying new things), and see how it is. Has anyone used both Windows and Mac? If so, which operating system was better in your opinion?

I used to work for an airline and the computer system we used was windows based and I hated it, but my mac is a dream. :)