Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geek Stuff (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   what anti_virus programme in the best for computer (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3078)

seolinkgeni 06-26-2009 02:50 AM

what anti_virus programme in the best for computer

I know that Norton might rock, but myself personally, I can't tolerate the way it uses all of my ram and slows my computer down. I use spy bot, but that isn't enough. Is there anyone out there who knows of an antivirus program that will not eat up my bank account or my computer's capacity to function at a normal rate? Thank you for your time......

John 06-26-2009 08:11 PM

The free antivirus program that I used to recommend was Avira. I still think it's a good program, but I think you might want to check out Panda's cloud antivirus product

Panda's cloud antivirus software is supposedly very light on system resources. Their "cloud" datacenter of servers keeps track of what viruses are actively in the wild and has their antivirus clients protected for them. It can also attempt to detect new viruses, which they optionally send to their cloud datacenter for analysis. Panda states somewhere on their site that they can have protection rolled out to their entire userbase for a new virus within 6 minutes or so after being reported. It still works even when you're not connected to the Internet, however it works best when connected to the net and working with their cloud datacenter.

Anyhow, I've only just recently installed this panda cloud antivirus on a few friends computers... so far I haven't had any complaints.

markbennet 06-30-2009 01:21 PM

I use kaspersky for all my applications.

trade-show-joe 07-06-2009 01:03 PM

I used to use AVG. Now I use AVAST. It seems much faster, and seems to do the job. They are both free. I would recommend AVAST. ~ trade show joe :)

gregsworld 10-20-2009 11:31 AM

i like zone labs but thats just because it seems really easy to use and it doesnt bug me much with allerts

Phayze 10-23-2009 11:32 AM

I use AVG Free most of the time. It's reliable, gets the job done, and doesn't slow everything down like Norton's does.

I used to use Avast but AVG seems more stable to me personally.

Dark 10-23-2009 03:40 PM

Norton is the worst memory hog out there I have found. Only thing worse is Vista!

I use, and have used AVG for years myself.

~kev~ 10-29-2009 11:21 AM

Yea,,, norton is a resource hog - that is why I do not use it.

Over the past 4 - 5 years I have used computer Associates and Free AVG anti-virus. Both of them seem to work pretty good..

esome 11-07-2009 09:48 PM

I've used AVG for years. It's quick, very good on resources, and is free for the basic version for home users. For business use, it's priced very reasonably, and has a great catch rate. The software updates several times a day from what I've seen.

pengerik 03-22-2010 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark (Post 11459)
Norton is the worst memory hog out there I have found. Only thing worse is Vista!

I use, and have used AVG for years myself.

Yeah, it may keep the viruses away, but it certainly sometimes keep myself away to. It's unbearable to use sometimes when the real-time protection goes into overdrive!