Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Science Geek (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Star Trek (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3725)

koshkagoddess 08-19-2009 03:25 AM

Star Trek

Which is your favourite series and why? :p

Mine is TNG. Data and Geordi make for one kick ass tag team of epic awesome geek win. :D

UnDeRoAtH 08-19-2009 06:55 AM

i never watched ST sorry man i watched the movie and im going to see the new movie soon :)

John 08-19-2009 12:16 PM

The Next Generation was always my favorite. I never really got much into watching any of the others. It's been quite a while since I've watched TNG episodes, but I used to always watch them some years ago.

koshkagoddess 08-20-2009 03:48 AM

The original is entertaining and so is Voyager, but, yeah, TNG is the best. Although, I am still angry with them for killing off Lt.Commander Data. I understand why they did it, but it still pisses me off. :mad: Just like when Lore was essentially killed off. That guy was win. ;)

John 08-21-2009 03:27 PM

Wow. It really has been a long time since I've watched TNG. When was Data killed? In the recent movie?

koshkagoddess 08-22-2009 03:02 AM

In Star Trek Nemesis. At the end. He died when the Scimitar exploded (he was still on that ship and the Enterprise's transporters were non operational). Brent Spiner (the actor who played Data (and Lore, and Dr. Noonien Soong, and B4, etc.)) was concerned that he had aged out of the role and has decided not to reprise it in any later films so Data was killed off by the writers of the last TNG movie. :(

John 08-22-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koshkagoddess (Post 10939)
so Data was killed off

Hmmm.... is it even possible to "kill" a robot? ;) You know what would be interesting, if in a future movie some space recycling ship collects all the junk and finds the essential components necessary for rebuilding Data.... I suppose the writers could always do that in a future movie if they all wanted to...

koshkagoddess 08-23-2009 01:02 AM

Yes it is possible to kill an android. He was on a ship that exploded so there will be no parts to salvage, but he did copy his memories to B4 (a previous prototype with a very primitive positronic brain and was dismantled by Dr.Soong who went on to build Lore and later, Data). :cool:

I would love to see a movie with Lore in it. He was super badass. But since Brent Spiner has no plans on reviving any of his android roles, it is highly unlikely it will ever happen. :(

uday1583 09-01-2009 10:42 PM

I always love watching star trek, but I don't have particular favorite series. It is so amazing how some individual can create such kind of TV show.
________
Hotrose

koshkagoddess 09-03-2009 05:09 AM

Got a favourite character, then? :p