Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geek Stuff (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Global Warming (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1045)

pradip030384 10-04-2008 04:27 PM

Global Warming

What is Global Warming .How can we stop it spreading across world.

barbiepurl 11-03-2008 02:39 AM

Global warming

Global warming is nothing but raise in temperature of the globe as a whole.It is due to damage in the ozone layer which is caused by pollution. The best way to stop global warming is afforestation,avoiding pollution caused by all means and reduction in release of hydrocarbons and other oxides.
--------------------
Barbie Purl
Consumer generated media

shilpamg 11-17-2008 05:04 AM

if the pollution will be reduced then global warming may also be reduced.

sabijon 11-20-2008 08:09 AM

Global warming!! It isn’t a new issue, its been a problem for decades, rich countries say they are serious in facing the problem, but they themselves are the problem… as long as we do not take part of the solution, we remain part of the problem ^^,

bwccom 11-21-2008 02:04 PM

Why not try googling it? I'm sure you knew something about global warming before posting the question here.

What surprises me about global warming is that some people deny that it's human-created, rather that it's a natural process. Now that's possible that there are cyclical forces at work too, but it shouldn't give us an excuse to forget about changing our ecological footprint. We have a lot of changes to make in how we interact with this planet and it's resources, and I think we need to come into common acknowledgment of this as a start.

kimax 11-24-2008 07:34 PM

Global warming is something that everyone should be aware of. It does not only concern what our lives might be but it also concerns the future of our children and our children’s children. I believe that global warming will have an impact in our lives in the future. Why not start changing now?

cristan 11-25-2008 11:09 PM

Global warming is something that everyone should be aware of. It is true that science and technology made advancement over the years. But in the process of its development, the one that suffered is our planet. We degrade forests; we pollute waters, air and the environment. The resulting factor is global warming or what we commonly refer to as climate change.

clairlim 12-05-2008 03:31 AM

Global warming!! It isn’t a new issue, its been a problem for decades, rich countries say they are serious in facing the problem, but they themselves are the problem… as long as we do not take part of the solution, we remain part of the problem ^^,

unitekweld 12-05-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairlim (Post 6375)
as long as we do not take part of the solution, we remain part of the problem ^^,

You're right about that. I saw Brad Pitt on Larry King earlier this week and through his Make It Right foundation, he's been getting eco-friendly houses rebuilt in New Orleans. The homes have no chemicals in them, not even in the paint, and they are solar powered and have fresh air circulating. Pitt said that they received the highest green rating/certification.

The way I see it, as long as the government doesn't invest in greener and more efficient (not to mention safer) home building, it's contributing to the problem.

xsaviorx1 12-06-2008 08:00 AM

What is global warming (aka “greenhouse effect,” “climate change”)? Sunlight arrives here on earth, giving us light. Some of the light hits the ground, readily penetrating it, and then gets converted into heat radiation. Now, the air has just a little bit of CO2 in it. That CO2 acts a bit like the glass in a greenhouse, or a sweater: it traps the heat, thus keeping the earth warm and comfortable. But now we’re increasing the amount of CO2 and other greenhouse gases such as methane (natural gas), and the earth is getting warmer.