Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Gaming (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Nintendo GameCube (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59)

.:YoUnGLinKiE:. 04-21-2006 03:46 PM

Nintendo GameCube

This is probaly one of my favorite consoles. There aren't any top games imho but still, the games that did appear on the gamecube were very nice to play. Mario Kart Double Dash is my all time favorite. The gameplay is just too insane (two characters on one kart)

How did you felt when you played on the gamecube for the first time, what is your favorite title? :)

cantstraferight 04-21-2006 07:40 PM

The first time I played it I loved the control pad.

I bought one just for resident evil 1 and 0.

My friend gave me some advice about consoles, he said buy a ps2 for all the main stream games and get a game cube for all the little gems that nintendo make.

Dizaster 04-21-2006 09:57 PM

I've never owned a gamecube, but I do plan on getting the Revolution. My girlfriend loves the mario type of games, so I think it'll be a good addition for the future.

Not_My_Style 04-22-2006 04:45 PM

Let's be honest here, GameCube is not a good system. Although it's looking like the Revolution may turn out to be decent after all.

.:YoUnGLinKiE:. 04-22-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_My_Style
Let's be honest here, GameCube is not a good system. Although it's looking like the Revolution may turn out to be decent after all.

I think that the GameCube could have been a much better platform too but you must admit that there are some really nice games for it. Revolution will turn out very good too.

GameCube didn't have anything special to offer like Sony and Microsoft had a DVD player. Third party developers didn't support the cube enough too.

I_DROWN_FISH 04-22-2006 06:18 PM

Its good for multiplayer like friends and family but its really gay if your by yourself.

Not_My_Style 04-22-2006 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_DROWN_FISH
Its good for multiplayer like friends and family but its really gay if your by yourself.

And most hardcore gamers are dorks anyways so it's not like they'd actually have real friends. :D

Dizaster 04-23-2006 02:39 AM

Basically, thats all true, but with that aside I still may get Revolution over PS3, or both, which will kill my wallet.

cantstraferight 04-23-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:YoUnGLinKiE:.
GameCube didn't have anything special to offer like Sony and Microsoft had a DVD player.

This never really bothered me I have a cd player for cds and a DVD player for DVDs.

If had a ps2 or Xbox they would never get used for DVDs. But I will admit I like the fact that the Xbox could store music on it.

ebittner 04-23-2006 02:13 PM

Well gamecube is ok I mean it does have a few good games but it is still somewhat of a younger system. I really like FPS games and it does not have that many.