Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geek Stuff (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Hand signs: "Throw down!" (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329)

ucfpnm 06-10-2006 02:27 AM

Hand signs: "Throw down!"

Senusret I 06-10-2006 05:21 AM

I have never seen handsigns for NPC orgs except on a greek para website, in which Kappa Delta was represented with index, middle finger, and thumb on the right hand, connecting the index and thumb on the left.

AlphaSigOU 06-10-2006 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucfpnm
What's the hand sign for Kappa? You know, like Pi Phi is pointing over the chest, and Alpha Xi is the letters X and I with the two intercrossed first fingers and then the pinkie of the right hand? Anyone have any pictures? I've never seen Kappa's.

And if anyone has any cool hand signs, feel free to share :D

Sorry. I don't think anyone's going to be able accomodate your request. In some fraternities and sororities, hand signs are a considered a private method of recognition between members. Actually few, if any, NIFC/NPC fraternities and sororities use such a recognition method.

swivel1963 06-10-2006 07:41 AM

Quote:

What's the hand sign for Kappa? You know, like Pi Phi is pointing over the chest, and Alpha Xi is the letters X and I with the two intercrossed first fingers and then the pinkie of the right hand? Anyone have any pictures? I've never seen Kappa's.

something that spells KD or something like that....i think.

Scandia 06-10-2006 07:47 AM

I have never heard of something like this. My GLO has a secret handshake, but that is the closest thing to it. And I know many GLOs do have secret handshakes- so that is not something that should surprise anyone.

carnation 06-10-2006 10:06 AM

I have never in my life heard that Pi Phi had a hand sign in the manner of the NPHCs.

KLPDaisy 06-10-2006 11:16 AM

AlphaSigOU is a guy.

flirt5721 06-10-2006 03:48 PM

Quote:

Or it is alway done with your pointer finger and middle finger crossed with you thumb and ring finger down and pinky up. And just for fun we would yell out "Xi Unit"

It's just a chapter thing. The hand sign has nothing to do with Nationals.

lilsunshine214 06-10-2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flirt5721
Or it is alway done with your pointer finger and middle finger crossed with you thumb and ring finger down and pinky up.

Isn't that Theta Nu Xi's official handsign?

flirt5721 06-10-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilsunshine214
Isn't that Theta Nu Xi's official handsign?

I honestly do not know. Some of the older members about 2yrs ago came up with our sign during greek week. Its just something we do for fun.