Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geek Stuff (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Random (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307)

KLPDaisy 06-10-2006 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frattygirl
I'd like to thank a couple people for ruining one of the 2 mornings I can sleep in.

The assholes, who at 7am, apparently lost their dog named Rocket. How do I know his name is Rocket? Because this jerk went around the whole apartment complex for about 15 whole minutes yelling "ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKET" with his wife/girlfriend yelling too, until finally I hear "Oh there you are you bad boy - I FOUND HIM, I FOUND HIM, I FOUND HIM!!!!!!!!" Shut up bitch, it's 7am on Saturday and hungover people are trying to sleep.

The next people I'd like to thank are the ones who at 8am decided to move in. Complete with huge moving truck backing into the parking lot right behind my building, going "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" for about 5 minutes straight, and then proceeding to use the mechanical lift on the back of the truck all morning. These inconsiderates will not be getting a welcome basket of goodies from me, that's for sure.

Does your apartment complex have rules about when you can and can't move in? This one guy I met once was telling me how his Co-op had all these crazy rules about it and you could only do it in certain hours and if you moved in or out you had to pay the co-op board $500.

Scandia 06-10-2006 10:43 AM

I am eating an enchilada for lunch right now. And later I will go see Hoot. Plus tomorrow I'm visiting my friend out of town and we'll go watch Cars. And another friend called me this morning. She has a class at my library next Saturday, so I'll get to see her and maybe even have lunch with her.

frattygirl 06-10-2006 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLPDaisy
Does your apartment complex have rules about when you can and can't move in? This one guy I met once was telling me how his Co-op had all these crazy rules about it and you could only do it in certain hours and if you moved in or out you had to pay the co-op board $500.

I wish. I know people want to get an early start, it just sucks that they have to do it on a Saturday when most people get to sleep in. They had to get the keys yesterday or something, because our apt. office isn't open until 9 on Saturdays. Their moving truck is parked in a fire zone, maybe I should just call the cops :p

wrigley 06-10-2006 12:27 PM

Oh happy day!!!:)

Sister Havana 06-10-2006 01:29 PM

Seeing the meetup pics made me really, really wish I was in NYC!

33girl 06-10-2006 03:35 PM

My love horoscope for the day is quoting Led Zeppelin. What the?

sopi_jawbreaker 06-10-2006 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl
My love horoscope for the day is quoting Led Zeppelin. What the?

Maybe that's a good sign. Maybe, you're going to be gettin' a WHOLE LOTTA LOVE!!!

kddani 06-10-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scandia
I emailed another sorority about my AI interest last night.

From your thread on GC it sounded like you were really far along with one group and waiting on the official offer. Why all of the sudden an interest in another one? :confused:

lifesaver 06-10-2006 07:31 PM

Did I mention that my old Gym just randomly shut down? I've been forced to work out on campus. Yeah, its free and their cardio area is real nice, but the selection of free weights and machienes is less than acceptable. The rec center is only three years old and is under construction to tripple it's size, but that is a year and a half away. I'll be done by then. So now I have to find a new gym. I refuse to join Spectrum. Everyone here is a member and I dont go to the gym to socialize. I am there to work out. I dont wanna see people I know.

Scandia 06-10-2006 07:46 PM

KD Dani- actually, I am not far along in any of them. I have not even gotten a response from any of them so far. You may be confusing me with another PNAM. BichonL is the one who is really far along.

Here is what my progress is as of this moment:

Rigel- I emailed HQ per instructions of an AI. No reply yet.

Vega- An alumna asked me if her sorority was one of the ones I was interested in. I said yes. She asked me where I was, so I told her. She has not been able to get back to me with the information yet. I do not know if she has been to GC since it has been down.

Mintaka- I contacted the nearest alumnae association per instructions of one of their AIs. No reply yet.

Aldebaran- An alumna contacted the alumnae association where I live, but I do not know if she has gotten a reply yet.

Three out of these four sororities have an upcoming summer convention, so I am not the least bit surprised that I have not gotten any replies yet. And the one that does not, I only contacted them a couple days ago.

kddani 06-10-2006 08:13 PM

You're right, I probably was confusing you two. You're the two active threads and usually post updates fairly close to each other. My bad. :)

ShaedyKD 06-11-2006 07:30 AM

I finally got a job for the summer! I start tomorrow as a law intern.

squirrely girl 06-11-2006 11:21 AM

congrats!

CrimsonTide4 06-11-2006 04:03 PM

The movie CARS -- http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/gr...smiley-002.gif

I really enjoyed this movie. A great message and very family oriented.
The previews showed a lot of great kid movies coming to the screen in the next year, including a movie adaptation of Flicka.

I have now read all 4 Shopaholic books and I think this series of books needs to become 4 separate movies. Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) would definitely be a friend of mine. The Shopaholic series + Can You Keep a Secret and The Undomestic Goddess -- http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/gr...smiley-003.gif

I had some yummy ice cream earlier today. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/er...smiley-001.gif

DolphinChicaDDD 06-11-2006 04:07 PM

Just saw An Inconvient Truth.

I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can show it to my classes. A very well put together documentary.
________
Honda CL160

Scandia 06-11-2006 06:44 PM

Cars was good and so was Hoot.

Gina1201 06-11-2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonTide4
I have now read all 4 Shopaholic books and I think this series of books needs to become 4 separate movies. Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) would definitely be a friend of mine. The Shopaholic series + Can You Keep a Secret and The Undomestic Goddess -- http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/gr...smiley-003.gif

Do you know that since I'm trying not to buy books, I saw that you read this on the real GC and decided to get it from the library. I can totally relate to her. :D And I've reserved the other three in the series. FYI, she's coming out with Shopaholic & Baby in Feb. '07. Thanks Soror!

flirt5721 06-11-2006 08:04 PM

Cars was awsome. It was the first movie in a long time that my niece and nefew actually were quiet at.

I loved Ramone(lowrider) and Nader(tow truck).

AGDLynn 06-11-2006 08:15 PM

Totally bored.

Hubby is in Cleveland for the next 2 weeks.

We are getting new carpet July 10-11 so I have been packing...okay not that fast and much.:rolleyes:

But I leave for the Alpha Gam Convention is a week from Wed. :cool:

GeekyPenguin 06-11-2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaedyKD
I finally got a job for the summer! I start tomorrow as a law intern.

Congrats! I hope for your sake it is more exciting (and better-paying) than my job.

CrimsonTide4 06-11-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina1201
Do you know that since I'm trying not to buy books, I saw that you read this on the real GC and decided to get it from the library. I can totally relate to her. :D And I've reserved the other three in the series. FYI, she's coming out with Shopaholic & Baby in Feb. '07. Thanks Soror!

Lately ALL of my books come from the library. I peeped Amazon for the next installment date a few hours ago and have the date bookmarked. :D You're welcome!! :D

@ Flirt, Mater the tow truck was my favorite too. There was a lot of laughter in the theater. I loved the mini cartoon before Cars came on, One Man Band.

Sister Havana 06-11-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonTide4

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/er...smiley-001.gif

I totally agree. LOVED those books and I can't wait until Shopaholic & Baby comes out.

CrimsonTide4 06-11-2006 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Havana
I totally agree. LOVED those books and I can't wait until Shopaholic & Baby comes out.

Because YOU know she is going to shop like crazy for the baby. Lord help us if Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) has triplets.

:mad: :( :confused: :rolleyes: that you called me at 12:03 after all this time. HMPH indeed.

The 4 smilie rule on Geekboards makes me SAD. I would put the sad face but alas I have reached my smilie quota.

AlphaFrog 06-12-2006 08:11 AM

People should have no excuse for horrendious spelling on GB. Spell check included.:) :)

Hey, since this is GB...shouldn't we have a "Gamma Beta" thread.;)

ohiocentaur 06-12-2006 08:58 AM

So urkel is really dead :(....

sapphiresphinx9 06-12-2006 09:01 AM

moved into my boyfriend's apartment over the weekend... :D

had to wake up 3 hours earlier to make it to work on-time... :(

mulattogyrl 06-12-2006 09:05 AM

^^oh my @ 3 hours earlier

*singing*
WU TANG
WU TANG
WU TANG
WU TANG!!

KLPDaisy 06-12-2006 09:43 AM

2 meetings down, one more to go. Back-to-back meetings aren't fun.

squirrely girl 06-12-2006 10:24 AM

my dog ate one of my favorite shoes today...

KLPDaisy 06-12-2006 10:34 AM

Felt that it is my female duty to let all of you girls know that Kate Spade has an online sample sale going on this week. Enjoy.

AlphaFrog 06-12-2006 01:10 PM

Shameless plug for:

QUALITY DIGITAL SOLUTIONS
212 SOUTH MAIN ST
LANCASTER, SC 29720
(803) 283-3869

Because they found us a halogen bulb for our dinosaur copier that I'm sure Moses made copies of the 10 Commandments on. It's our backup copier and it sits right by the 2nd story door that leads to nowhere (I guess it used to be a fire escape), so it better be thanking Quality Digital for it's life, otherwise it would have made that leap out the door.

KLPDaisy 06-12-2006 01:13 PM

I find it sad that the people who work at Barnes and Noble don't actually know how to spell the word Barnes. I called them looking for a book by an author whose last name is Barnes. The girl on the other line was like "is that B-A-R-N-S?" Look down at your name tag please.

Pessimist Null 06-12-2006 01:22 PM

I like this layout better, byt quick reply has less smielys.

But I don't smile.

Ever.

raregem1913 06-12-2006 01:23 PM

I miss CT4 :(

toocute 06-12-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raregem1913

I miss her too:(

Yahoo Groups sux big time today:mad:
Janky Azz.

KLPDaisy 06-12-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

I thought she was on geekboards.

AlphaFrog 06-12-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLPDaisy
I thought she was on geekboards.

She is, I PMed her Friday.

CrimsonTide4 06-12-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Aah that is so sweet of you guys. I am here finally done with training for the day. It would not have been so bad had not CECE kept asking me questions. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad: :mad: :mad: Know your role and stop asking me questions.

Plus I was hungry.

Yahoo Groups gave us the finger today. SAD FACE HERE!!!!

KLPDaisy 06-12-2006 01:42 PM

Guys are clueless. My coworker just asked me if cheesesteak is a good idea for a first date. Umm let me think about that one....

NO!!!!!!

AlphaFrog 06-12-2006 01:45 PM

Cheesesteak, fried chicken, spaghetti (fettucini, other noodly & saucey products), crab legs, etc. are all BAD ideas for first dates. Non-messy = good first date idea.