Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Building Websites (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is the customer always right? (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98)

Fwks08 04-22-2006 12:48 PM

Is the customer always right?

At many retail stores, the motto is "The customer is always right", but does that always prove true. Yes, the customer has certain rights and privlages and they should be treated above fairly, but is there a line that can be crossed?

I_DROWN_FISH 04-22-2006 02:07 PM

That statment is untrue. The customer can say "If I kick you in the nutz it won't hurt" when you verymuch know that it will hurt. xD But seriously you should treat your customers well and not tell them their wrong but mkae suggestions twords what you want them to do so that they think that they came up with the idea. So mainly make the customer feel intellegent.

raudi 04-22-2006 02:41 PM

Yes, the customer is right to an extent. If you gave all power to your customers, your business will not thrive and you will make no profit in the end.

Fwks08 04-23-2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

That statment is untrue. The customer can say "If I kick you in the nutz it won't hurt" when you verymuch know that it will hurt. xD But seriously you should treat your customers well and not tell them their wrong but mkae suggestions twords what you want them to do so that they think that they came up with the idea. So mainly make the customer feel intellegent.
Excellent strategy. That way, they'll feel as if they're one step above you. They're satisfied and you're paid. Everyone's happy!

Quote:

If you gave all power to your customers, your business will not thrive and you will make no profit in the end.
Excellent point. You can't give in too much to the customers will.

Thanks you two, I'm loving what you're giving me!

cantstraferight 04-23-2006 10:57 AM

I’m training to become a computer technian and the first thing we were told is the customer knows nothing.

If the customer knew every thing they could do it themselves

The thing that makes it hard is that there are a lot of people out there that use ms word to make a website and then consider themselves experts.

kinkarso 04-23-2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

LOL. Yes, it would hurt a lot :lol: . Making the customer feel intelligent is the best way for businesses to earn trust and more customers from referrals.

kconnections 04-26-2006 07:59 PM

No the customer is certainly not always right. But sometimes it can be good business to treat them almost as if they were. If you have an unsatisifed customer it is important to try to resolve the problem so that they are happy and you are as well.