Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Building Websites (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ways of link building that also help to increase web traffic (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15625)

John23 11-09-2010 10:28 PM

Ways of link building that also help to increase web traffic

These link building techniques not only benefit the long term goal of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Page Rank but at the same can be great sources of direct traffic to your sites as a part of your Internet Marketing Strategies.
# Links from Directories: One-Ways & Reciprocal Links.
# Comments on Blogs – One-Way Links.
# Link Building with Forums – One-Way Links.
# Relevant/Reciprocal Link Exchange.
# Use Free Classified Ads.

R@ZoR 11-12-2010 07:56 PM

These are some good tips. There are more of course. I would caution people though, that you should seek out and use HIGH PR directories, forums and blogs ONLY. The others probably will not hurt you, however, they certainly will not help you very much either....

actiononlinenz 11-14-2010 10:58 PM

I don't like link exchanges. Search engines won't slap you for incoming links (as you don't have any control who links to you...otherwise competitors could link from dodgy sites to yours to harm your SEO) but linking from your site to a dodgy site can harm you (so I've read many times anyway).

trafficup 11-17-2010 01:54 AM

Links from directories are not capable to give direct traffic to website but others things are useful for direct traffic.

SEOArbiter 11-17-2010 12:49 PM

Gain links through forums, blog commenting and article marketing as well. Build these links daily...remember, consistency is key!

imtheonetoo 11-19-2010 08:24 AM

Forum links & blog commenting is the cheapest and one of the most effective ways. Article submission is another which can have a major effect - but a more costly method (at least if you're getting others to write your articles)

Sarah23 11-20-2010 09:19 AM

Social Bookmarking, blogging and articles all help. Bookmarking seems to get picked up really quickly. Regular forum posting too.

Chris 01-14-2011 09:42 PM

Putting links in forums with inaccurate information accompanying bad posts or wrong information will almost always be deleted as spam and 99% of the time the user gets banned.

At least on my personal forums i have a explicit no follow rule on all forum posts, so any links posted on any of my sites are not indexed. I believe john may have something similar here at GB. If not i may have to put a suggestion in the suggestion box for it.

1 more thing since most of you are SEO people the more links in forums the less your site is indexed. Your site address may pop up in search engines but its under the original sites URL.

The best way to get SEO is to use your code wisely and know what your doing and when posting in forums at least know what your talking about.

PS: Anyone with links promoting there company without much description i really consider spam and the posters spammers.. And before you try and talk about my links READ THEM it tells you exactly what they are.

Nile Hadwards 01-21-2011 04:53 AM

Re:

Quote:

Originally Posted by trafficup (Post 24791)
Links from directories are not capable to give direct traffic to website but others things are useful for direct traffic.

It is my personal experience that we can get traffic from directory sites.I am getting traffic from many directories.Specially from Dmoz.org.

Vikingboy69 02-21-2011 05:48 AM

Thank you John23 for the good suggestions. One question I have for the experienced people here - we are advertising (banner ads) on some very relevant industry websites in Norway. Does this have an impact on the SEO as they provide direct link directly to our website or do Google "filter" this traffic out?