Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Building Websites (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where your server is located? (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632)

Pirlo 03-01-2006 11:31 AM

Where your server is located?

Where does your server is located on the globe?

I'm with Cordhosting, I was at first with UltimeWeb located in Montréal, but they transfered their rights to Cordhosting who is in California.

Soulwatcher 03-01-2006 12:48 PM

My server is co-located with www.colostore.com. They are located in South Bend, Indiana. I used them in the past for over 6 months and never had a problem. I took my old server down because it kept restarting on its own. Turned out to be a loose connection on the motherboard. But I wanted a new server anyway, so I built the server I have now. My new server has been co-located at the Colostore for about 1 week now.

QBall15j 03-01-2006 03:34 PM

I also colocate with ColoStore.com, they have been great so far. No real complaints from me at all, I've been with them for quite a few months.

Anonimo 03-03-2006 06:04 AM

Mine is located in sunny england, a friend of mine has his own biz and kindly hosts it for me.

delman 03-03-2006 08:42 PM

Mine I am not sure since I am with a host and don't run a true server. I had one host in Australia but that was really slow since I am in the US. it is where ever in godaddy's network.

Soulwatcher 03-04-2006 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delman
Mine I am not sure since I am with a host and don't run a true server. I had one host in Australia but that was really slow since I am in the US. it is where ever in godaddy's network.

If your going to rent a dedicated server its a good idea that you buy one from the graphical region that your clients are in. If most of your clients/viewers are from the USA. Then you would want to get a server from the USA.

DN Lodge 03-04-2006 07:47 AM

Miami. I wish Iw as where my server was :)

Jarritos 03-06-2006 06:06 PM

I am not sure where my host is. i know it is in the usa but where i dont know. i run a vps which is probally as close as i will ever get to a dedicated server

Soulwatcher 03-06-2006 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarritos
I am not sure where my host is. i know it is in the usa but where i dont know. i run a vps which is probally as close as i will ever get to a dedicated server

I wouldn't say that. I don't know how much your paying for your VPS. But you could build a server for well under $300. And Co-locate it at www.colostore.com for $49.95 per month. And then you would have the whole server. If your already managing a VPS, then your not going to have any problems managing a dedicated server.

James72 03-07-2006 06:15 PM

As far as I know mine is in Texas.. they dont tell us exactly where though!
Of course you cant really expect to know all the time if you are going through a big server company.. they have to keep some level of security.
________
website design