Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Gaming (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Favorite Controller (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168)

ebittner 04-23-2006 07:09 PM

Favorite Controller

What system do you think had/has the best controller of all time?
I would have to say that the Sega Dreamcast had the best controler of all time. It was so nice and I could play with it for hours.

raudi 04-23-2006 09:46 PM

The smaller xbox one is quite comfortable. If it originally was wireless and came with air vents, then an A+, but it didn't but I think it's great.

Eminem 04-23-2006 09:49 PM

I'll talk about a PC controller here :P

I am using Logitech Rumble Pad 2 and it's working great! The sensitivity is normal and it isn't that complex to use! :D

Works with all the games that I have had so far and therefore, it isn't much of a problem to me :D Not sure about Consoles though, never had one ;)

raudi 04-24-2006 01:39 AM

Ooh...PC controllers. I've always used a mouse and keyboard, hehe. Is it easier to play games with? Which?

etali 04-24-2006 03:48 PM

Keyboard and Mouse :)

No, seriously - other than the original NES controler, I can't use any other controller at all - my hands are really really tiny, so I either can't reach the buttons, or it hurts to do so. I use a 3-way adapter/changer and a retro-style Mad Catz controller to play on my PS2/Xbox and Game Cube.

It doesn't work with the 360, so I'm stuck with short play-sessions on that at the moment, and having to avoid games that use both analogue sticks. I can't wait for a retro-style controller for that.

Fwks08 04-25-2006 08:02 PM

I'm fond of Mad Catz PS2 & XBOX controllers. I also adore XBOX 360 controllers. Can't choose between the three. I can't wait until I use the PS3 controllers. They look so sleek.

raudi 04-26-2006 11:50 AM

[quote="etali"]Keyboard and Mouse :)quote]
Right on with that. A keyboard with 100 keys is more than enoough functionaility.

Dizaster 04-26-2006 03:04 PM

Dreamcast had a really nice controller, I especially liked where the memory cards went. I haven't really used Gamecubes much, but I do like the design.

Fwks08 04-27-2006 11:23 AM

The Dreamcast was impressive for its time. Now, I find it to be bulky and sort of square-ish. I still love where the memory cards went and the images that appeared on it, and how it included small games.

etali 05-25-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fwks08
The Dreamcast was impressive for its time. Now, I find it to be bulky and sort of square-ish. I still love where the memory cards went and the images that appeared on it, and how it included small games.

Yeah, I remember having a virtual pet from one of the Sonic games. A couple of years ago I started playing on the Dreamcast again as part of a little retro kick - I think I spent more time with the virtual pet than I did on Sonic itself.