Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Gaming (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   StarCraft 2? (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417)

John 04-27-2007 05:23 PM

StarCraft 2?

Back in the day when I used to have time for computer games, StarCraft was one of my favorites. If I'm not mistaken, I believe SC is/was the all-time best selling RTS game ever.

So, supposedly Blizzard finally has SC2 in the works. It will likely be announced next month.

I sure hope SC2 is anywhere as good as the first.

Well... actually, I hope it sucks. :cool: I don't have much free time as it is... I certainly don't need to get hooked on any computer games....

Chris 04-27-2007 10:39 PM

I have heard alot of that game but i never got into it, i guess its not really my kind of game. Half life and half life 2 are my games of choice i have it on computer and xbox i still play that game although i beat it like 30 times i can go through the entire game and not miss anything. I played the online game of Counter Strike i got so good at that they were kicking me from servers saying i had a hack on.

John 04-27-2007 11:51 PM

I've never played Half Life, but I guess it's somewhat similar to Counter Strike type games. First person shooters. Some of my friends get together from time to time to play CS for a bit. It's low on resource requirements, so can run from most computers.

StarCraft is similar in a way to C&C Red Alert, etc. Where you command your army and have a view over the whole battlefield. Playing SC at battle.net is probably the best. It's a great game just by itself, but online there are so many unique maps and ways to play the game. It was a lot of fun back when I used to play it. Too much fun, actually. I deleted that game off my computer probably 4+ years ago as I was having too much fun with it and not getting enough work done. :cool: :)

Chris 04-28-2007 01:49 AM

Counter strike was resource friendly, but then counter strike source came out. The source engine used so much i had to do a couple upgrades when i went to source however CS is still the one i play. I use steam for online game i still have a keyboard from when i had my own server it had all the shortcut keys with pieces of paper with what it did so i could just glance and ban some one :)

Greg Taylor 05-02-2009 08:12 PM

I always love to play the first starcraft game. I never seen the second edition yet, but I tell you I am sure I will always love to play the old one.

Philip Garcia 06-15-2009 10:51 AM

StarCraft 2

Unlike the original series, where each game had three 8-10 mission campaigns, one for each race, each game in the StarCraft 2 will have only one 26-30 mission campaign centered around a single race.

cutebokchoi 06-15-2009 11:06 PM

Starcraft 2

The amount of detail in the artwork and the amount of things happening on screen just blew me away. It's a great looking game and best of all it runs at a nice frame rate on a good computer.

nixies 06-16-2009 03:16 AM

I remeber star craft that game was great. I think that was the first computer game that i lost an entire weekend too. Ahh good time, I do wish I had that kind of time to spare these days.

Franklin Hulme 07-09-2009 10:20 AM

StarCraft 2 is all about broad strategy and perfect timing

StarCraft has always been a fast game, and StarCraft 2 has lost none of that speed. The game is all about broad strategy and perfect timing. This is impressive stuff - but also a little intimidating.

Greg Taylor 07-14-2009 04:09 PM

Very will said. I too love playing starcraft those day, I was addicted to it sometimes if i don't have work to do in the office i just played that game. We to walmart yesterday and my husband is looking for a game, and I saw starcraft game in there, but it is to expensive to have one.