Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Building Websites (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What are the most effective ways to get links? (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2967)

Keller Miller 06-17-2009 01:26 PM

What are the most effective ways to get links?

I heard that social bookmarkings really turn around very fast, but most of them are NOFOLLOW, Is there any more methods to get fast turn around in link building process..... :)
Any ideas guys :) Please share with me.......

MH Vishal 06-18-2009 04:52 AM

To answer your question, the best way to recover links is to either get them changed on the linking website or issue a 301 redirect on the old domain. Last time I heard blogger accounts do not have the access necessary to accomplish a 301 redirect, so your only option is to cotact the linking webmasters and request that the links be changed.

On the bright side, if your site isn't very old you don't have a lot to lose. Also the links pointing to you are no doubt fresh so the linking webmasters will likely be more willing to update them.

Spaceface 08-05-2009 03:30 AM

Interesting - How long does it take google to pick up the old links when you do a 301? Also do the links loose some of their weight as a result? We have just done this to our ski holidays price comparison site Compareaway.com.

GrahamWellington 08-07-2009 10:40 AM

What is a 301 redirect?

trade-show-joe 08-07-2009 04:13 PM

The most effective way to get links is to write quality content and have a useful site, and then be patient. Over time, people will link to your naturally... and those are the best links!

trade-show-joe 08-07-2009 04:16 PM

BTW Graham,
Do you think you can fit any more links into your signature? :)

Penny Haynes 08-13-2009 02:05 PM

Most effective ways to get link according me are blog commenting, forum posting with signatures, directory submission, article submission and social bookmarking. These are the techniques that I use.

uday1583 08-22-2009 08:08 AM

Link building, blog commenting, forum postings , article submissions and social bookmarking are some of the effective ways of getting links. thanks
________
Washington Dispensaries

ScottNorfolk 08-24-2009 02:34 PM

There are also automated tools, but I think that falls into the purview of Black Hat SEO, so I don't use them.

andrewbkk 08-25-2009 01:16 AM

The most effective way to get links is to buy them!

But ..... of course ..... it's often black hat and not to be recommended
________
Alaska Dispensary

mlight5378 08-29-2009 05:44 PM

sometimes i have a feeling that black hat works better than white hat... have you seen how high seoblackhat ranks in google?

~kev~ 09-02-2009 11:14 AM

For fast indexing, blog commenting is the way to go. And look for self hosted wordpress blogs. Google really seems to like those types of blogs.

Do a search for the topic you want to comment on, and include the word "wordpress" in the search string. You should find plenty of wordpress blogs.

If you use blog commenting, be sure to leave a good quality post - that way its not considered spam will get approved.

Bryan Dixon 09-17-2009 10:47 AM

Most effectiveways of link building to generate traffic is by doing forum posting, blog commenting with signatures, doing quality article submissions and also by writing quality content. It will happen over time but SEO techniques play a very important role. Thanks

SEOArbiter 10-21-2010 06:01 PM

You'll want to participate in quality discussions in do-follow forums, blog commenting, and participate in article marketing in order to gain quality links. Do this daily and weekly. Remember, consistency is key.

actiononlinenz 10-21-2010 07:51 PM

Dofollow blog comments (especially in your niche market), forums, articles and directories are what I usual use.
I think most social sites are nofollow now aren't they?

pengerik 10-22-2010 06:05 AM

write good articles or have else write for you - and submit them to article directories

SEOArbiter 10-22-2010 04:54 PM

You can get links through forums posts, article marketing, blog commenting. Build up quality links each and every day for the fastest ranking results.

SEOArbiter 11-18-2010 04:45 PM

Gain links through positive forum participation, article submission, and blog commenting.

Victor 11-23-2010 12:47 AM

Article submission is the first and foremost way to get indexed by Google.

R@ZoR 11-24-2010 09:23 AM

Link building is a process. there are NO easy fixes (save blackhat techniques...which you should avoid at all costs). In other words you need to work at it.

Article writing and submission, BLOGGING, Link-baiting, PR's, forum and blog commenting. These are all time honored and PROVEN white hat SEO techniques that work.

Good luck ! ! !

pascalfringe 11-25-2010 11:36 AM

One of the best ways is to do exactly what you are doing right now. Participate in Forums and leave a signature.

SEOArbiter 11-29-2010 04:32 PM

Build links daily through forums, article marketing, and blog commenting. Be consistent with your SEO work. Stay clear of black-hat SEO methods.

R@ZoR 12-08-2010 08:01 PM

@ROHIT - Great explanation. OCuld not have said it better myself!

SEOArbiter 12-15-2010 10:42 AM

The best link-building methods are the natural methods that are white-hat and consistent. Build these naturally each day.

ElDonkey 01-11-2011 02:45 PM

If you produce good content or have quality products on your site, that can help acquire natural links.

jack jastin 03-14-2011 12:50 AM

If you are asking about white hat SEO, You need to get more and more back links through off page techniques.

John23 03-15-2011 01:17 AM

Re:

Micro Blogging is the one of the best imaginative way to generate back links and traffic. I have tried and I recommend you to apply for your site.

jack jastin 03-15-2011 02:02 AM

Hi,
Mr Graham,

What is redirecting basically? Prompting direction to someone to follow that way, Isn't it! And 301 is an error code that is normally interpreted as "moved permanently". So, Now we can understand that somewhere this is the method of web page redirection and Yes! this is a very excellent and commendable search engine loyal method for web page redirection, In case, you need to change your file name or move that page by maintaining your ranking for that particular URL.

jack jastin 03-16-2011 12:20 AM

In my opinion, Forum posting is the best way to attract potential traffic as well as getting an ample amount of back links.

mgandy 04-27-2011 01:36 PM

I use social bookmarking to help get my blog posts indexed faster. As for link builder I would look for other ways such as having and informative blog or write articles that links pointed back to your site.

constantoo 03-13-2012 12:46 AM

you can try seo techniques like forum/blog entry, directory submission, article submission, social bookmarking, submitting urls in search engines. it will helps you to get good and quality back links. i got the seo services for my site from TheWebPole.com

PuneetJvw 04-11-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

i got the seo services for my site from TheWebPole.com
A little while back you said you got your seo from xnynz.com

So which is it ?

Cheers.

sijugk 02-27-2013 06:48 AM

Yea most of the social bookmarking sites turned to nofollow. There are some other methods to get back links to your website. Best one is article submission. You should write a unique article and submit in a high PR article submission directory. You can get link back to your website.

tony69 08-08-2013 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=uday1583;10947]Link building, blog commenting, forum postings , article submissions and social bookmarking are some of the effective ways of getting links. thanks..]
Buddy these are some old thing and at present you should not carry out such things in bulk at present just to focus on quality content and share them through article, guest post, blog and go for forum posting with SMO.