Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geek Stuff (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   World Cup (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345)

AlphaFrog 06-12-2006 07:38 AM

World Cup

So Mexico beat Iran yesterday, and it was a pretty good game (as soccer goes). Actually, my husband watched it yesterday afternoon, so when he put it on again in the evening, I could go do whatever and he would call me when they were about to score a goal. No surprise that there aren't any Veracruz Tiburón Rojos (my husband's hometown team) on the national team, they bit the big one last season. It's Angola next on Friday. It's Angola's first trip to the World Cup and I'm expecting Mexico to make short work of them.

highflyerlaura 06-12-2006 10:58 AM

AUSTRALIA BEAT JAPAN 3-1!!!!!!!

Yippie!! Watch out Brazil, here we come!!!

AlphaFrog 06-12-2006 11:00 AM

Australia upsetting Brazil is the US's only prayer of seeing the finals. (Go Australia!)

highflyerlaura 06-12-2006 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFrog
Australia upsetting Brazil is the US's only prayer of seeing the finals. (Go Australia!)

I'll let that unsaid comment about Australia being a defacto US state slide......just as long as we do better than you yanks. :p ;)

AlphaFrog 06-12-2006 11:10 AM

No, that's not what I meant. This Article explains it. The US is counting on Australia knocking Brazil out of the running.

highflyerlaura 06-12-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFrog
No, that's not what I meant. This Article explains it. The US is counting on Australia knocking Brazil out of the running.

*giggles*

I know what you meant, its just that its my 21st B-day today (13th/06/1985) and I like being a little cheeky! ;)

As for the stuff about Kewell, Viduka and Schwarzer..... "Dream On, Dream on......"

None of the Australian team will go down without a fight, and if for some reason we do upset Brazil (which is a possibility because the last time we played together we beat them) and get the No.1 spot for the group, God help the Americans, even if you guys get No. 2 in yours. ;)

BetteDavisEyes 06-12-2006 11:50 AM

We're currently losing. Damnit! :(

Pessimist Null 06-12-2006 01:26 PM

Yeah. I don't think we'll make it all the way.

tomg 06-12-2006 04:53 PM

HMMMM, notice Females are the only ones posting on this thread until now.:o

Think it is not the game, but the dudes legs that You all are watching!;)

Well, many of us hope the No. Am. Teams win, but well:o

We play many other sports.

The Wizards of KC are for sale.

I was here for all of the Soccor Teams and none did overly well with Crowds.

Knew some of The Spurs very well!

SethCohen 06-12-2006 04:55 PM

Espana! Espana! Espana! La furia rojo sorprendera a todos con su primera copa este ano.