Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Hardware Forum (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   favourite free software (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230)

cantstraferight 05-06-2006 08:47 PM

favourite free software

I thought i would list some of my favourite software

mediaportal

Media portal is a free alternative to media center but it does have alot of bugs as its at version 0.2

samurize

Samurize lets you creat dynamic things on your desktop showing cpu usage ect.

ant movie collection

Lets you keep a record of all your movies and it can pull all the informaion of imdb

If any one else has any good free software list it here

sphinx 05-07-2006 05:02 AM

Free softwares that I like...

Kerio Firewall: Very good free firewall. I like it even better than some paid ones.

Ad-Aware: Very nice anti-spyware program

Real Alternative: Nice media player

John2 05-12-2006 10:32 AM

I have not much right now in mind but the one that I never forget and also using it right now is FireFox.. I know that you people will be also using it during your posting... :oops:

etali 05-24-2006 05:32 PM

I think the greatest thing to happen to the internet recently was Opera becoming freeware. Firefox is a great brower, but Opera seriously rocks.

Anonymous 05-25-2006 11:04 AM

I use lots of freeware. Love them FREE and with many features that can beat the ones cost money.

These:

SeaMonkey
Open Office
Sygate Personal Firewall
AVG Anitviruse Free Edition
IrfanView
Photo Filter
Winamp
Wordweb
FileZilla
StarDownload
and many many more....

Anonymous 05-25-2006 11:05 AM

my favourites

I use lots of freeware. Love them FREE and with many features that can beat the ones cost money.

These:

SeaMonkey
Open Office
Sygate Personal Firewall
AVG Anitviruse Free Edition
IrfanView
Photo Filter
Winamp
Wordweb
FileZilla
StarDownload
and many many more....

johnkennedy 10-31-2008 05:20 AM

Hi etali

I am also fan of firefox, it is very nice know, i knew very few of addons only, if you know more, please give short details to me

zach tyrl 11-05-2008 04:13 AM

Free Software i really like FireFox,AVG Antivirus,Winzip.Opera Mini and many more But in Brower Firefox is a great.

shilpamg 11-17-2008 05:23 AM

there are so many free softwares which i like:
> winzip
> anti-virus
> editplus
> php
> mozilla
> thunder world
> photoshop
> firefox
> opera
> winmap
> dreamweaver

bwccom 11-21-2008 02:07 PM

My favorite free software at the moment is FreeMind. It's a mind mapping program, allowing you to create mind maps of information, instead of taking notes in the normal linear fashion. You should check it out, it's actually a great way to remember things, because it's supposed to work with how the brain normally organizes things into clusters.