Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hello (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627)

!LLu$!0N 03-01-2006 01:28 AM

Hello

Hello, i was actually interested in this website because i used to own a Game Server Provider which basically meant knowing about linux when installing Game Servers etc, i wasent all that fantastic and new a whole lot about them thats why i am coming here to know even more :)

any way, how you all doing? i'd just like to say hello to everyone, this is a very very nice website and within a month or two this website should surely be off its feet. I will make sure i introduce people to this website :) there arent many of them around i'd guess.

Name - Jamie
Age - 16
Linux Experience - 2 Years

Thank you.

QBall15j 03-01-2006 03:48 AM

Welcome to the forums!
Hope you stick around, this place seems to be taking off very rapidly! I'm guessing the game hosting flopped, expenses get to be too much? Did you colocate or rent dedicated servers?

Soulwatcher 03-01-2006 05:41 AM

Welcome to the forum Jamie,

I do think your right this is the only website that I have seen that only talks about Linux webservers. I am glad that you like the website, I look forward to having you as a regular member. I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

Jason 03-01-2006 05:59 AM

Welcome Jamie! Stick around, and we promise you will learn much more! :-)

!LLu$!0N 03-01-2006 10:22 AM

Thank you very much for your posts :)

- I am 16 so it was hard for me to handle a Game Server Provider, but i did do it because i had a partner and a part time job during school, what happened basically is that we could afford it but then we dident have much money afterwards for ourselves if you know what i mean, so we got a bit fed up then he kind of getting slopey on msn and was coming on a lot, so i just got fed up, gave all refunds and packed up :( shame really we had some decent prices / services.

And yes we rented a Dedi.

Durinthiam 03-01-2006 10:51 AM

Learn from your mistakes, save up some money and leave it in paypal or a bank account and then when you have X ammount of money, re-open the hosting with more knowledge and a healthy wad of cash to carry it along for a while, invest in a bit of marketing, google adsense etc. optimize the site for search engines and get ranked on the first 3 search pages. Anyone can do it :)

!LLu$!0N 03-01-2006 10:57 AM

I said Hello, wasent asking for someone to tell me what to do ;)

Durinthiam 03-01-2006 11:01 AM

There is a difference between telling and offering usefull advice on making business' work.

!LLu$!0N 03-01-2006 11:06 AM

no need to make another post about it :/ forget it, i couldent care. But thanks for the advice. I will most likely use it if i ever think about starting a company again :/