Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Building Websites (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Google page rank (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279)

Anonymous 05-25-2006 10:56 AM

Google page rank

I'm still confused with google page rank? Does anyone know how does it work? PR0 better or PR10 better? How do I improve the page rank of my website? Any suggestions are welcome.

John2 06-09-2006 01:47 AM

As far as I know the page ranking is based on the number of pages ( indexed by google ) having your site URL. The greater the number of Urls on other sites pages and their numbers, greater will be the page rank of your site.

Yahoo has a page rank of 10.

PuneetJvw 07-01-2006 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm still confused with google page rank? Does anyone know how does it work? PR0 better or PR10 better? How do I improve the page rank of my website? Any suggestions are welcome.

You can increase your Pagerank by getting inbound links from high PR sites.

Please check out the below tools that can help you with increasingyour Pagerank:
http://www.jvwinc.com/pagerank-software.html
http://www.seoelite.com

Regards/Puneet M.

Helan 03-16-2007 07:13 AM

You get backlinks from High PR sites.
And ofcourse PR 10 is the Best,
And increase the traffic to your site in order to get your page get indexed.

Razzaq 07-24-2008 11:02 PM

hi buddies...

nice to find the place

thanks for the info for PageRank and thanks for posting useful links etc...

take care
:)

johnson.seo 10-29-2008 07:01 AM

Hi

Hi dear,

PR 10 is batter than PR0 its increase by link buillding through it u increase website pr.

Thanks & Regards
candry johnson

kellycriss 12-04-2008 04:12 AM

PR goes from 0 to 10. Higher the PR is better. PR is indication how popular your site is. Building backlinks will improve your PR.

crothall 12-10-2008 01:25 PM

I know someone who had a new site that was ranked pretty high after just a week or so, 6/10. But I checked the site again today and it had no ranking. Did Google make a mistake with the 6/10?

softwarefilt 12-17-2008 11:54 AM

It was probably an error on Google's part, maybe it was confused or something...because it takes longer than a week to get a rank, especially so high a ranking. Or at least that's what someone in seo told me.

John 12-17-2008 03:32 PM

GeekBoards was a PR4 (I think) back in 2006/2007. Some time after that it was a PR5 up until this past summer. During the summer, I think it was in June or July, GeekBoards became a PR6.

For GeekBoards, it took a bit more than 3 years to reach PR6.

biophase 01-27-2009 04:16 PM

The easiest way to get page rank increased is to get some real traffic to your site. Naturally it will get backlinks and your PR will slowly rise.

DominicXavier 02-12-2009 03:15 AM

PageRank is just the numerical value given by Google. Based on the importance of the webpage it may vary between 0 and 10. Google ranks the page based on the link popularity (Hypertext Matching Analysis) which includes internal link architecture and external link structure of the webpage.

HostColor 02-14-2009 07:52 AM

Hi,

Trust me PR 10 is 10 times better than PR 0 :) The only good thing about Google page rank is that it is not that important. If you have a start up website which produces quality content you get into Google search results very, very fast.

So my advice is not to implement any link building strategies only to get PR. It is all about content and real, targeted visitors.

stbnetbloc 02-18-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 6547)
GeekBoards was a PR4 (I think) back in 2006/2007. Some time after that it was a PR5 up until this past summer. During the summer, I think it was in June or July, GeekBoards became a PR6.

For GeekBoards, it took a bit more than 3 years to reach PR6.

So that means that after 1 year GeekBoards was at PR4? That's really good. Did you have to do a lot of promotion and marketing, or was most of it just traffic and people linking to the content?

John 02-18-2009 11:50 PM

I've owned GeekBoards for close to 3 years now. I haven't really focused on SEO/PR so do not know for certain what caused the PR to increase. If I'm remembering correctly, the original founder of the site ran it for 6 months or so before putting it up for sale.

I mainly focused on making sure that the site stayed online, was reasonably fast, spam deleted, etc.

trade-show-joe 02-25-2009 12:16 PM

bald SEO consultants

The only thing that will happen if you worry about PR is that you will lose your hair. That is why there are so many bald SEO consultants. I say don't worry about it. Worry about having the best content. :)

redspin17 02-25-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 7295)
I've owned GeekBoards for close to 3 years now. I haven't really focused on SEO/PR so do not know for certain what caused the PR to increase. If I'm remembering correctly, the original founder of the site ran it for 6 months or so before putting it up for sale.

I mainly focused on making sure that the site stayed online, was reasonably fast, spam deleted, etc.

Cool, that's encouraging to read. I've been taking that approach with my blog, not focusing too much on seo and pr because it's the content that I need to spend my attention on. I guess it goes to show that "natural" rankings do happen, even though most people who promote seo are always trying to find ways to go beyond the "natural" increase.

trade-show-joe 02-26-2009 03:19 PM

hey Brian,
I see you are in Carp. I am in SB/goleta. Small world.:)
I think the key with PR if you ignore it will come... if you focus on it it will drive your crazy. And it takes time...

stbnetbloc 03-04-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 7295)

That's great to hear. I'm not going to stress about PR anymore, it's not worth the time really. All you can is what you can do, then you have to let go of the outcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trade-show-joe (Post 7381)
I think the key with PR if you ignore it will come... if you focus on it it will drive your crazy. And it takes time...

Ha, I hope that's true! It's like reverse psychology -- but it's got to be a much easier way to deal with.

trade-show-joe 03-05-2009 09:47 PM

hey Brett,
Actually, I think it is reverse psychology. It seems to me that most of the websites with high PR really don't care about it. So just don't care... and we'll see what happens! :)

hme2779 03-16-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trade-show-joe (Post 7449)
hey Brett,
Actually, I think it is reverse psychology. It seems to me that most of the websites with high PR really don't care about it. So just don't care... and we'll see what happens! :)

Hmm, I'm thinking about adopting this new attitude too. I'm trying to build up my blog so I can create a membership-only area to start a business, and I have been worrying not only about traffic but also PR.

It seems like I should just focus on traffic for now, because that is where the conversion is. I've heard that PR doesn't ensure much anyway, expect maybe to see if a site is "credible." But to be honest, I think a site with credible, original content is enough for my case.

fast1 03-19-2009 08:39 PM

cool information... thanks for sharing guys... now i know... :)

http://photosnag.com/img/3347/n09x0302vnsn/clear.gif

Steven Perry 04-21-2009 08:33 PM

It is confusing I agree because when we check the rank for the site in Alexa the smaller the number the better. But google PR more the better.

Dean Muller 04-26-2009 11:16 PM

PR10 is better, but it is not possible to get it, But you can get about PR7 or PR8 etc....
To get more PR you have to have more and more inbound links specially from the sites related to your site theme....

Kelvin Michelle 06-02-2009 01:44 PM

Get more backlinks to increase PR

Google assigns a numeric weighting from 0-10 for each webpage on the Internet; this PageRank denotes a site’s importance in the eyes of Google. The PageRank of a particular page is roughly based upon the quantity of inbound links as well as the PageRank of the pages providing the links. 0-5 is considered mediocre and above 5 is great. In order to increase PR you need a lot of backlinks from good reputed sites too. The more back links you have the higher your PR will be.

Keller Miller 06-07-2009 01:13 PM

For a better page rank you have to maintain some strategies, attractive look site and link building is not enough in that case. You have to make your website relevant to your purpose and expose it to people as it would be.

MH Vishal 06-20-2009 02:23 AM

For improving your Google PageRank - Keep pushing F5 24/7 for 1 week. That should shoot it up significantly:) but also, maybe add some meta keywords in the site index. Send it into ore search engines, and make it more popular and noticed.

Philip Garcia 06-21-2009 01:24 AM

Google Page Rank

Google Page Rank is a way by which Google rates importance to websites. A Page Rank of 0-5 means mediocre importance whereas Page Rank above 10 is a good one. The higher the Page Rank the more traffic it gets.

Garrett121 06-24-2009 01:37 AM

Thanks for the information.I have tried out this really effective and reliable Internet Marketing company and with their strategies have seen many benefits. They leverage businesses with fast sales turnaround time that really helps customers and their clients. I have experienced immediate results, excellent customer service and on-time delivery through this company. You not only get profits but the profile of a professional company with their help. Please contact: www.expertadvertsingsolutions.com for professional Internet Marketing services.

bestphotos 07-16-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trade-show-joe (Post 7449)

Huh hahaha... Mr. Google, I don't care about ranking! I don't care about ranking!! ...is it working yet? : )

Paul

AdamGodine 08-07-2009 07:29 PM

Geek Boards is currently a PR5 which is quite decent. There are a lot of outbound links in the site which may be preventing it reaching the peak.

In answer to the PageRank question. PageRank is the brain child of Larry Page who inveted Google. He came up with a way of scoring websites out of 10 based on a number of factors (currently at least 250-300). A site with high PageRank (PR) is more reputable and is likely to be positioned higher under relevant searches. :)

Penny Haynes 08-13-2009 12:42 PM

PR10 means beast

Google gives importance to a website in terms of PageRank in a scale of 0 to 10 out of which PR10 means beast and PR0 is the low down position and always try to achieve a higher PageRank. In order to increase the PageRank try to get as much backlinks as possible from High PR websites and blogs.

constantoo 02-27-2012 03:43 AM

Tips to improve the page rank

Get Incoming Links from High Quality Related Sites- connect your site with other high rated website or blogs.
Remember to use SEO techniques: - SEO plays a vital role in increasing the page rank. Implement the SEO tips to get increase in page rank faster.
Write original content.: - do not copy paste any content from one site to yours
Don’t go link crazy: - many think incoming links add credit to their website and start posting comments in forums and other discussions leaving ads to their site. This will not help in any context. Don’t do this.
Write Great Content: make sure your site content is great and unique. If you write great content people will automatically link to your site which will increase your site rank.
you can also follow some technical method like Search engine Visibility service from XnYnZ.com