Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Building Websites (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Forum participation (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1076)

kellycriss 12-04-2008 04:14 AM

Forum participation

Participating online discussion forums drive lots of traffic to my website.

I am spending daily 2 hour for forum posting.

Can you describe your experience in forum posting?

Steven Perry 04-22-2009 08:42 AM

Yea I do that too.....it works absolutely but we need to be active on that forum. We have to participate everyday without missing.

elctrcmotors 04-22-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellycriss (Post 6351)
Participating online discussion forums drive lots of traffic to my website.

I am spending daily 2 hour for forum posting.

Can you describe your experience in forum posting?

About how many posts do you create in a given day? Eight or ten?

And, how many different forums do you post on?

I've only found a few in my niche so far, and I'm wondering how active you need to be to drive traffic.

Bonzi Mike 04-25-2009 11:46 AM

Yups guys, I am sure we can get more traffic via forums postings rather than any other ways. However, I feel that blog comments are more easy than blog commenting, but I don't think that we can get more traffic via there. Is it guys??

Marim 04-27-2009 10:37 AM

Yea participating actively in forums is good way to drive traffic but some forums don't allow any links. When we want particular niche of forums to post then it is a problem.

msbenchmark 04-27-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzi Mike (Post 7868)
However, I feel that blog comments are more easy than blog commenting, but I don't think that we can get more traffic via there.

I'm not sure what the difference between blog commenting and blog commets are, what do you mean by this?

Thanks for the tip on forum posting. How many posts do you create on average each day?

Keller Miller 06-07-2009 11:00 AM

As far as I know participating in forums postings really help a lot. I am spending about 3-4 hours daily on the forums where I have registered.....and get more benefits too @ the same time I offer good replies too :p lolzz

blacktulip 06-07-2009 04:01 PM

hello --I am not sure what you mean by driving traffic-????? can you help me with this please????????

trade-show-joe 06-09-2009 06:21 PM

There are better ways to get traffic. I would only participate in forums where you can add value and you find it interesting. If you make a great contribution, people may click through on your sig. That's about it. ~ Joe, king of trade show displays!

cutebokchoi 06-10-2009 10:04 PM

I'm doing roughly like 3-5 posts a day. I'm a newbie and I just find it a good way to spread ideas and information around. =D

Kelvin Michelle 06-15-2009 05:12 AM

Yes, I am sure participating in forums will bring you good results for sure, Me too spend about 3-4 hours per day on participating on forums, That is really awesome.

cutebokchoi 06-15-2009 11:05 PM

I agree, posting onto forums is a great way to increase traffic to a site. By posting to more forums, more backlinks are created and visibility of your site will increase.

nixies 06-16-2009 03:19 AM

I post on a UK business forum and that has driven actual people to our website. Most other forums haven't done much for us.

trade-show-marketing 06-19-2009 10:35 AM

I hope it works because I've decided to start doing it! :D

trade-show-marketing 06-19-2009 10:37 AM

Hey Kevlin (above),
I guess it kind of works. I noticed your signature and clicked through just to see what the heck a "soap nut" is. Have you thought about using trade show marketing to sell your nuts? :D

Philip Garcia 06-20-2009 11:59 PM

Forum Participation

Forum Participation will also help you in increasing your website's PageRank by driving quality backlinks through your signature. Replying in the forums is very important for SEO.

GrahamWellington 08-05-2009 02:33 PM

Yes, sir! Absolutely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Garcia (Post 9658)
Replying in the forums is very important for SEO.

trade-show-joe 08-07-2009 04:11 PM

I haven't seen much traffic from participating in forums, but I have learned a lot... and I've burned up a lot of time. :) I'd only do it if you are learning from it... not to try to get traffic.

AdamGodine 08-07-2009 07:23 PM

trade show joe - you only get one link crawled to one page, per page. Having 3 will only bring you the recognition for the one as they are the same page.

whitey99 08-10-2009 06:55 AM

Forum posting can help your SERPS, but hey, you might also learn something

Penny Haynes 08-14-2009 11:52 AM

Oh! Yes. It works

Oh! Yes. I do frequently participate in Forum discussions and honestly it helps a lot in increasing my website’s traffic. I spend about 5-6 hrs daily trying to post replies and create new threads on lots of Forums.

SEOArbiter 10-21-2010 06:02 PM

Yes, that's a good method for SEO. Devote 1 -2 hours each day to forum posts and article marketing.

R@ZoR 11-08-2010 10:03 PM

no doubt....forum and blog posting do two things. #1 they provide invaluble links (some do anyway) and #2 they provide a LOT of exposure.

Even the sites that provide no-follow links provide some link juice. Never underestimate the power of links!!!!

R@ZoR

SEOArbiter 11-18-2010 04:34 PM

It's good to be on the forums and getting your name out there. Don't be out there just to drop a link. You should be participating daily, but also for the right reasons.

Sarah23 11-20-2010 09:26 AM

Any suggestions on good forums to post on?

SEOArbiter 11-22-2010 02:15 PM

You should strive to put in around 1 -2 hours each day to your SEO efforts, including forum contribution. Just make sure you aren't simply there to get a link. You should be there to share your knowledge in your chosen niche.

actiononlinenz 11-23-2010 03:08 PM

I do a couple of posts a day. It helps traffic a little and I find some great help on forums to.

jack jastin 03-16-2011 02:08 AM

In my opinion, This is the best off site technique among all to get a sufficient amount of back links. I am also getting a lot of benefits with this technique for my website promotion site.

John23 04-05-2011 01:53 AM

Re:

Apart from the vital points mentioned above, a great forum must have high-quality database management system. PhpAdmin, DBs and MySQLs are necessary to manage your discussion board or forum with ease. Security is also an important part that makes your discussion board and forum work efficiently without any hackers and virus.