Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geek Stuff (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Hand signs: "Throw down!" (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329)

Stef the Pef 06-11-2006 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swivel1963
something that spells KD or something like that....i think.

Yup. We make a KD with our hands. I don't know if I'd call the NPC ones "hand signs," per se, but I know what you mean. I've always liked Zeta's--they make crowns with their hands.

Drolefille 06-11-2006 03:02 PM

Are there other NPC signs? I've never seen any either, even from the KDs on campus.

preciousjeni 06-11-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilsunshine214
Isn't that Theta Nu Xi's official handsign?

It certainly is! :)

Drolefille 06-12-2006 08:44 AM

Ok, after posting that I saw ADPis in my mom's Adelphian doing their diamond sign. Anyone else? Especially with pictures as I was having trouble understanding the Alpha Xi Delta one.

Pessimist Null 06-12-2006 11:45 AM

we had one, and a call, at a few chapters, it was more of regional thing that died down for us in the 30s.

I wish I knew what they were. I would use them. Daily.

BabyPink_FL 06-12-2006 01:09 PM

Phi Mu -we finally got something!

The girls from UF taught us how to make a "quatrefoil" with our hands at State Day 2006. It's cute, but difficult to do, especially in a hurry for pictures. :o

UCFalumna 06-12-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucfpnm
What's the hand sign for Kappa? You know, like Pi Phi is pointing over the chest, and Alpha Xi is the letters X and I with the two intercrossed first fingers and then the pinkie of the right hand? Anyone have any pictures? I've never seen Kappa's.

It's my understanding that Kappa does not have a nationally recognized hand sign. When I was in college and Kappa colonized at UCF, the rho gammas created a hand sign for them. I've seen it done as a K (similar to KD's, but minus the left hand/delta) or as a sign language "k". Although, I'm not a Kappa and I'm sure one of those lovely ladies could probably give you a more accurate answer.

-Knight Alumna

knightgal 06-12-2006 02:52 PM

well...

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation
I have never in my life heard that Pi Phi had a hand sign in the manner of the NPHCs.

Never??? Wow...that's kinda odd, but whatever, I guess you only notice it when you do webdesigning & such lol ...Pi Phi is probably one of the easiest to make just in time for pictures...the right hand with the pointer finger out with the thumb = "the arrow"

knightgal 06-12-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolefille
Are there other NPC signs? I've never seen any either, even from the KDs on campus.

There's a bunch others done with fingers formed like ZTA's crown, KD's K-Delta, AXiD's Xi, Theta's kite, ChiO's Chi-over-Omega, Tri-Delta's Delta, Pi Phi's arrow, ADPi's diamond, Kappa's K, AEPhi's heart...instead of fingers, DG does theirs with two arms together into an anchor

tomg 06-12-2006 04:47 PM

Really sounds complicated?

I know the Shocker, LXA's that is not sanctioned, and The Hawian Peace Sign.;)

Is some of them like the Light show going to shadows on the wall?

Well, women are more disjointed than men.