Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Gaming (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Internet marketing (http://www.geekboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042)

trade-show-marketing 06-19-2009 10:42 AM

I would rename this thread as "an example of internet SPAM marketing". :D
Several of the posts above are perfect examples...

John 06-19-2009 11:29 AM

Yeah. Anytime I see "wow gold," especially linked, the spam flag goes right up. I deleted the wow gold spammer, by the way.

trade-show-marketing 06-19-2009 03:25 PM

hi John,
I've seen that term, "wow gold" being *spammed* alot. What the heck is wow gold?... I guess I could do an internet search, but then again, I guess I really don't care. It is a bummer to see the spam. Maybe it would be funny to replace the link "wow gold" with "spam gold"... Anyway, thanks for using the "delete" key! :D

John 06-20-2009 12:21 AM

wow gold is the game money for the World of Warcraft online role playing game. They're probably not supposed to, but people get this gold in the game and then sell it for real money. It would be a terribly inefficient use of time, on an earnings basis, for someone from the U.S. to do this. But, for other countries where the average wage is extremely low in USD terms, people can play games online all day and make a good living by getting gold in the game and selling it to players in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if in some countries there were actual entire companies based on this concept. Imagine going in to work and all you had to do was logon to a WoW account & kill monsters all day to get their gold and other treasures. Some people play WoW all the time as it is, so this would be doubly good for them, to play and get paid for it at the same time.

Anyhow, wow gold sellers are some of the worst spammers on the net.

Philip Garcia 06-21-2009 12:37 AM

Internet marketing

To promote internet marketing i would advise to offer vouchers and sales promotions to those who log on your web site or buy your products online. You could also offer discount of a certain percentage.

trade-show-marketing 06-21-2009 08:41 AM

hey John,
Thanks for the answer on what is "wow gold". I never would have guessed. What an idea... playing a video game all day to get fake money to exchange for a little bit of real money... what a world we live in! :D

Ranana_fush 06-22-2009 10:24 PM

Internet marketing

You are right , there is no doubt about it that SEO is an emerging internet marketing tool and is used very frequently by all webmasters

seo-marketing 06-29-2009 06:44 AM

Internet marketing is not something you should try to incorporate for your internet business without developing a comprehensive plan. There are several different aspects of internet marketing and you need to include all most all of them in order to see the best results. While you can get by with simply one or two techniques, you will be missing out in terms of possible revenue.

markbennet 06-30-2009 01:38 PM

Hello welcome on board. This forum is quite nice and exiting from others...

HenryPaul 07-04-2009 09:06 AM

Thank you for sharing the information.

Internet marketing is the newest trend in business. It is also known as web marketing, web site marketing, online marketing and e-marketing. Also it uses the internet as a channel of introducing the company or seller’s identity and meeting the needs of potential customers. Millions of people around the world log on to the internet that eventually created cyber community and a target market for companies.